boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Here the little devil is blockin my bench lol an when i got the wirein out she wanted to play with it so a bit of a job to get started but i did some wirein in the end GOT the first ESC in place IMG_6356.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Did advise you, big stick works lol

Or a big fuss;)

I often give my moggies a good old hiding, murky night here not one moggie out working:sad:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Or a big fuss;)

I often give my moggies a good old hiding, murky night here not one moggie out working:sad:
I CAN tell you bob mate SHE MAY LOOK CUTE IN PICS BUT im not takein her on as its like W/W 3 AN SHE CAN MAKE A MESS OF ME with them teeth an claws BOY OH BOY an i aint takin any chances an when we trim her nails i have to get all the big heavy rubber gloves on an a hard plastic apron as she fights like heck an i darent hold her to tight for fear of hurtin her but jen trys to keep her calm by talkin to her but me im in the firein line lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Or a big fuss;)

I BET you dont Bob you love those moggies more than i do on snowball you spoil them an let them stay indoors as they got you under their paws lol an whod want to go out on a cold night the moggie would proberly put you out on patroll lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris,

Sorry for behind on this. Good to see the motors in place now. Somehow makes it seem much more real.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,

Sorry for behind on this. Good to see the motors in place now. Somehow makes it seem much more real.

ATB.

Andrew
HI Andrew oh its real all right an yes im glad ive got them motors sorted an by gum they are powerfull i had just one running at 50 % on dual rates on R/C an i treid to stop the sharft from spinning by useing a bit of balsa against the sharft an smoke came off the balsa so im sure i wont have any power probs when im sailing tiger on all 4 motors at 100% dual rates an whats takein the time to do the wirein now is i spend half the day just lookin for the things i need an talk about frustrateing Aaaaaaccchhhhhhh but some day i will have to have a good clear out in my man cave as ive got so much stuff in there an on the benches that i'll never get into the TBC LOL
An cheers for lookin Andrew for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Glad it’s starting to work out Chris.
HI Tim yea so am i an yes im starting to get a handle on the wirein after a great deal of thought an im keepin bloomin HER LADYSHIP SNOWBALL OUT now so i can now go an get on with the wireing as some of it is way to long so i have got to cut it all down an resolder some new terminals to fit to the motors ATB Tim
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Solder on son.:hungry:
HI PaulE YES i am soldering mad today but ive just found out that when my mate richard an i were doin the tests with the BECC system yes everything worked ok BUT we hadnt taken into acount that the bowthruster motor is only a 7.3 volt motor an we had a normal motor wired in that would take 9v to 15v so ive had a think an i will have to now fit in a voltage reducer to cut the power down to about 6v to be on the safe side fitted with an inline 3 amp inline fuse so i dont blow the bowthruster motor so another gadget has to be fitted in the power line boy oh boy really glad i noticed that or i would have blown up the bowthruster moter an another 28 quids worth this wirein is like a mine feild lol but im getting there
an will you be starting again on your railway ? as im missing that ?
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My Dad joke for the month guys, promise. Glad you caught that Chris, good catch. The train is in the background for a bit as train mojo is low.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI Andrew oh its real all right an yes im glad ive got them motors sorted an by gum they are powerfull i had just one running at 50 % on dual rates on R/C an i treid to stop the sharft from spinning by useing a bit of balsa against the sharft an smoke came off the balsa so im sure i wont have any power probs when im sailing tiger on all 4 motors at 100% dual rates an whats takein the time to do the wirein now is i spend half the day just lookin for the things i need an talk about frustrateing Aaaaaaccchhhhhhh but some day i will have to have a good clear out in my man cave as ive got so much stuff in there an on the benches that i'll never get into the TBC LOL
An cheers for lookin Andrew for lookin in
chris
Heavens above, a clear out of the cave ! Steady on Chris.;)
That's part of the fun, think of the satisfaction you feel when you find what your looking for, and all those other things you lost .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Heavens above, a clear out of the cave ! Steady on Chris.;)
That's part of the fun, think of the satisfaction you feel when you find what your looking for, and all those other things you lost .
AN HI John yea its got to happen some time as ive got to have a clear out as a lot of the things i need to find for tiger just earnt forthcomin an it makes me frustrated as hell as jen had a tidy up for me an now i cant find hardly anything when i spend half the morninging trying to find the part i need to carry on an have to give up the search an go onto something eles that needs doin an when i do eventually find it i cant remember what it was for or to do in the first place Aaaaaarrrgggghhh:thinking: if this is old age they can keep it lol :rolling: :smiling: ATB John
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
We’ve got a deal going here….I tidy the man cave (occasionally) and Sue……..doesn’t.