boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
At least you got a plan! A challenge is what the satisfaction comes from when you get it right:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
At least you got a plan! A challenge is what the satisfaction comes from when you get it right:thumb2:
YEA Mark but fitting two lots in to work four motors an getting it right is the problem as even with inline fuses fitted if i get something wrong it can do damage an in this wireing layout i want to make it so there will be a knock on switch for on off so from THE R/C hand set i can make it so that just two motors work or all four so when running on just two motors i hopefully will get twice the running time but will see on that
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
YEA Mark but fitting two lots in to work four motors an getting it right is the problem as even with inline fuses fitted if i get something wrong it can do damage an in this wireing layout i want to make it so there will be a knock on switch for on off so from THE R/C hand set i can make it so that just two motors work or all four so when running on just two motors i hopefully will get twice the running time but will see on that
chris
Come again!:anguished::upside::thinking:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What I mean is i must of ducked because that went right over my head lol, like I said a plugs about it for me :smiling:
WELL Mark OK i'll keep it simple there will be FOUR motors an TWO speed controlers an each one will work two motors there will be KNOCK on switch fitted on the back set of motors so when tiger is sailing i can just togle a switch on my R/C hand set an the knock on switch will cut power to the back set of motors so that then only the motors near the stern will work so it only be drawin half power but if the wind gets up an the water get choppy then i just send a signal from my R/C HAND SET to reactivate the knock on switch to on an it will then have all four motors goin CLEAR on that ? BUT THATS IF I CAN DO IT but will find out in the next few days when this is all wired up
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Yeah I get it, from what I've seen so far Chris I have no doubt in your ability to make it work :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yeah I get it, from what I've seen so far Chris I have no doubt in your ability to make it work :thumb2:
OK Mark lets hope your confidence in my ability is not misplaced lol an thanks for your intrest
chris

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats a lot to sort out i feel so glad that you have a plan to make all this work,wishing you luck, ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Chris, just caught up to this again...........some real good progress and I like your choice of batteries .....safety first Sir. I hope the wiring is going according to plan and you get the results you are looking for. The two and four motor option is an excellent idea and I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
thats a lot to sort out i feel so glad that you have a plan to make all this work,wishing you luck, ;)
HI Moni yea it is a tad complex but i think that if i think the wireing up in my head an think ahead an take it slow i should be ok but the hard part is getting it all wired in the hull as space is at a premeuim even though its a big hull but fingers crossed i will get it done an thank you Moni for your good luck wishes as i think im gonna need them cheers for lookin in on the build :thumb2: an hope you are ok
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, just caught up to this again...........some real good progress and I like your choice of batteries .....safety first Sir. I hope the wiring is going according to plan and you get the results you are looking for. The two and four motor option is an excellent idea and I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted. Rick H.

AN HI Rick nice to see you here an yes i was makin good progress on the build untill them bloomin motors let me down but my fault should have checked them propberly before packin them away an exspensive mistake as if i had noticed this short drive sharft i would have sent the motors back an either got my money back or better motors so ive now got to take it on the chin as now too late to return them but at least now i can put this problem right by these new motors as they run great an no probs when on tests so far

an yes got to be carefull with them batts as they can exsplode if they get to hot but it would have to be over 50 deggrees -C an that kind of heat dont happen here but i like to be on the safe side as i dont want to blow anyone includein myself up an thats part of the reason why i have so many cooling fan fitted in her
an regards the wirein Rick at the moment i havnt got a clue untill i think this all through an yes i know ive got the wirein diagram but that was just for a test set up which my boaty mate richard helped me with an yes it all worked ok

but when fitting it in the ship hull it will take other things as well like ive got to wire in the switches as there will be two an there will be a relay wired in to the circut system an the inline fuse box as this system is gonna take a lot of power up to maybe 30 to 40 amp an ive got to cut off an resolder them ole ripmax plastic plugs as they wont carry this kind of power all they will do is weld them selves together as had this happen on my nimitz so ive got to solder on them yellow 22carat gold plugs as they will carry the power ok an also ive got to do the same for the bow thruster motor SO a lot to think about just got to hope i dont get like PaulE with a MOJO BURNOUT LOL
AN CHEERS FOR LOOKIN IN Rick an i will report in on whatever way things go on this ATB
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
It all looks brilliant. I wouldn't know where to start, it all looks mighty complicated. Glad the new motors fit nicely and work well.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
It all looks brilliant. I wouldn't know where to start, it all looks mighty complicated. Glad the new motors fit nicely and work well.
Jim
G/M Jim yes im havin trouble getting started as well but she lookin good an im pleased at how things are goin as them new motors make all the differnce but wireing them in is gonna be the hard part an as you say looks mighty complicated.an it is as today im just goin to lay out all the components an do some tests by layin them in the hull

to see if an how things have got to fit in but i know where i will start as been havin a good think through an that the ESC will be as near the motors as possible an ive got to try an keep the wirein as short as possible an try to watch how many jions in the wires i have as they cause resistant to eletric flow

but i will have to have the gold plugs all fitted in in case i need to remove any part for any reason but im thinkin of doin this in reverse order from the motors outwards right back too ESC's an then inline fuses box an then to the relay an then up to the switches an then back to the batts

BUT all these will have to have them gold plugs fitted so it looks like im gonna be doin plenty of soldering today an for quite a few days until im back to the main battery wow i feel pooped already just thinking about it AN THANK YOU jIM FOR YOUR INTREST
CHRIS

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
an in this pic is the wirein diagram an now for a few days will have to get my head around it as this is that BECC system that caused me so much trouble before in the build an as ive never wired up this system before so View attachment 428018 well i think im gonna take it slow a little at a time an it will gradully come togeather so it all works phew
chris
well Chris . You have totally lost me with this :thinking: wiring?. I,m glad you know, what you are doing Chris:thumb2::thumb2::smiling2:. .It will work out just fine.:thumb2: ...... sue

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well Chris . You have totally lost me with this :thinking: wiring?. I,m glad you know, what you are doing Chris:thumb2::thumb2::smiling2:. .It will work out just fine.:thumb2: ...... sue

HI SUE hope you are well an you say you are totally lost on this wirein well at the moment that makes two of us as i only have a vauge idea of what to an how to wire this all up as i was sayin to Jim in thread above its just gonna take some serious thinking an trails an error to find out how the best postion for everything to fit in the hull so its gonna be quite a few exsperiments till i hit upon the right postion for every thing to fit an loads of soldering so this will keep me busy for months
TAKE CARE Sue till jen an i next meet up with you an thank you from us for the lovely tea an cakes an such you layed out as we really enjoyed our evening with you but it all went to quick like it usualy does THANK YOU
chris an jen PS keep layin them bricks an you will get there lol

Last edited:

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
HI SUE hope you are well an you say you are totally lost on this wirein well at the moment that makes two of us as i only have a vauge idea of what to an how to wire this all up as i was sayin to Jim in thread above its just gonna take some serious thinking an trails an error to find out how the best postion for everything to fit in the hull so its gonna be quite a few exsperiments till i hit upon the right postion for every thing to fit an loads of soldering so this will keep me busy for months
TAKE CARE Sue till jen an i next meet up with you an thank you from us for the lovely tea an cakes an such you layed out as we really enjoyed our evening with you but it all went to quick like it usualy does THANK YOU
H
I will keep laying the bricks Chris. It's always lovely to see you both Chris and jen you both are welcome over any time big hugs to you both. . I will put less jam in the cake next time it was a bit sweet. . I've just realised that I've still got to do the figures from the last build yet opps. Anyway I know you will figure out how to put in the wiring in your boat Chris just do a little bit each day. Happy building ️..... Sue

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Did I just read EXPLODE, count me in please.:nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
H

I will keep laying the bricks Chris. It's always lovely to see you both Chris and jen you both are welcome over any time big hugs to you both. . I will put less jam in the cake next time it was a bit sweet. . I've just realised that I've still got to do the figures from the last build yet opps. Anyway I know you will figure out how to put in the wiring in your boat Chris just do a little bit each day. Happy building ️..... Sue
OH Cheers Sue yes we throughly enjoyed our evening with you as you are a very easy person to talk to an with an easy goin an if you want a hand to get the fridge an frezzer just txt me an we will come an get you an take you there for you to have a look an if you dont like anything thats there no problem
take care stay safe ps wirein got put back a bit as some certain moggie thought she lay all over my bench an when i tried to move her she lightly bit me as a warning to leave her be so had to wait till she got fed up an thank goodness jen came to the recuse by callin SNOWBALL sayin food up then i dint see her for dust lol
chris an jen