boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes my wife is banned from the man cave,
Great work Chris just had a catch up and really glad to see she floats very nicely.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another update but this one is special as im nearly up to the moment of running up the motors as now tomorrow ive just got to solder the main positive an an negative terminals on an ive been working on this nr all week since monday an this has been a bugger to do what with all the heavy duty wireing it makes my fingers hurt tryin to bend the wirein could have used small plyiers but dint want to damage the outer coating on the wires an ive treid to keep the wireing as short as possible an im just a bit worryied that i may have placed the ESC's to close to the motors an they may get to much vibrations but will see on that tomorrow just got to hope ive followed my mate richards new instructions ok as they are a bit complex but i think ive got it right
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Best of luck with it Chris, fingers crossed for you that it's all good.
CHEERS Mark im gonna need the finger crossed lark as there is a lot of money that i may blow up but im only gonna take it a bit at a time i think an just fit one small 3 amp fuse in an then see if it the two rear motors will work as this is the BECC system an ive never wired this system up before SO................................................

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HERE is the knock on switch where ive fitted in a blue 9 gram micro servo to work from the R/C system an the white servo top just swings accross to hit the switch lever an cuts the power to the front set of motors so i can run on two or four motors while sailing for extra sailing time IMG_6383.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN IF this all works ok then im off to the bow hull section to wire in the bow thruster ESC an the motor but i must remember to fit in first a voltage reducer to cut the the power from 12v down to 6v as the motor is only rated at 7'2 v
chris

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
OH Cheers Sue yes we throughly enjoyed our evening with you as you are a very easy person to talk to an with an easy goin an if you want a hand to get the fridge an frezzer just txt me an we will come an get you an take you there for you to have a look an if you dont like anything thats there no problem
take care stay safe ps wirein got put back a bit as some certain moggie thought she lay all over my bench an when i tried to move her she lightly bit me as a warning to leave her be so had to wait till she got fed up an thank goodness jen came to the recuse by callin SNOWBALL sayin food up then i dint see her for dust lol
chris an jen
Hi Chris and jen.Thank you for your kind words ☺️. Bless her snowball well cats do like to play meow.
Thank you Chris for helping me with a fridge freezer but I'm getting mot done on car first I thought. You jeen and me we do have a laugh when we meet..... Sue

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

I've said it soooooo many times in this build already and no doubt will say it a lot more before you're done but......
Quite simply stunning!!!! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

There are a whole bunch of exceptional modellers on here who produce work that I marvel at and can only dream of achieving one day but what you do really is quite something else.

Keep up the brilliant work.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris and jen.Thank you for your kind words ☺. Bless her snowball well cats do like to play meow.
Thank you Chris for helping me with a fridge freezer but I'm getting mot done on car first I thought. You jeen and me we do have a laugh when we meet..... Sue
THATS OK Sue an yes we do have a good laugh an lookin forward to when we pop over to see you again
chris jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

I've said it soooooo many times in this build already and no doubt will say it a lot more before you're done but......
Quite simply stunning!!!! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

There are a whole bunch of exceptional modellers on here who produce work that I marvel at and can only dream of achieving one day but what you do really is quite something else.

Keep up the brilliant work.

ATB.

Andrew
OH THANK YOU Andrew for your kind words sir an yes i'll be very happy if it all works but will find out tomorrow it will a nerve rackin time when i come to swithing it on an trying the R/C have to have a nerve tab lol
cheers chris ATB

First Name
Tony
Hi Chris,
It is good to see that you have avoided the use of "chocolate block" type connectors, which so many r/c modellers use. Some years ago, I had an electronics friend and business owner (sadly no longer with us), he would never accept "choc blocks", for the installation in models. He would always insist on mechanical crimp or solder and heat shrink joints. After discussing the subject with him, I always avoided "choc blocks" in my r/c models. I never really knew the technical reason, other than wanting to keep a tidy installation, as you have done in this model.

Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,
It is good to see that you have avoided the use of "chocolate block" type connectors, which so many r/c modellers use. Some years ago, I had an electronics friend and business owner (sadly no longer with us), he would never accept "choc blocks", for the installation in models. He would always insist on mechanical crimp or solder and heat shrink joints. After discussing the subject with him, I always avoided "choc blocks" in my r/c models. I never really knew the technical reason, other than wanting to keep a tidy installation, as you have done in this model.

Tony
HI Tony yes i dont like them either them ole choc blocks as sometimes with them when you screw down the screw onto the wireing it breakes the wires so a bad connection an
chris atb