boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
I'm so glad the electrics are sorted. All credit to you for sticking with it. Nice to see the build moving forward again.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
I'm so glad the electrics are sorted. All credit to you for sticking with it. Nice to see the build moving forward again.
Jim
HI Jim yes so am i but i was near had it an no mojo left i could not have taken it to bits again would have been to much but thank goodness for the boaty mate's on mayhem they helped me greatly an all you guys given me your support see me through it all cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
All looking very tidy Chris.

Andy.
AN HI Andy yes i had a good think on how to get the wirein nice tidy but was near the end of my tether but im happy now i can move on as its horrible bein stalled on a build an im glad ive said goodbye to that ole becc system dont know why they invented it in the first place lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I admire your tenacity in resolving your 'issues' Chris - well done mate! :astonished:
Steve
MANY THANKS Steve but it was a close run as i dint want to take it all to bits for the 6th time as my patience was near run out but if i have a prob like this in the future i think i''ll take a brake from it for a while before goin back to it BUT IM HAPPY NOW AN MOJO IS FULL UP LOL TO GET ON PAINTING IT NOW HOORAY
ATB CHRIS

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris,

Just had a catch up on this story to hear of all the problems you had but equally glad to hear you got it fixed!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,

Just had a catch up on this story to hear of all the problems you had but equally glad to hear you got it fixed!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
HI Andrew yea its been a right royal P.I.T.A. as it was a combination of things for the last 3 wks that was causein me greif but thanks to others on mayhem site an all you guys who have given me support over these 3 wks ive managed to get it done an all you guys who have given me support its greatly appreciated MANY THANKS to you all now to move on on the build phew
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris.....looking forward to seeing the "wet" stuff. :thumb2: Rick H.
HI Rick:thinking: can you wait about another 2 yrs for that lol:rolling::smiling: :nerd: as there is still so much to do on this build just today ive moved into the bow section to fit in the bowthruster ESC an main inline fuse box an its taken me since 10am an im just come down for tiffen at 4pm so today ive spent a grand total of 6 hrs on this bowthruster fitment an thats just soldering all the terminals on an fitting on shrink rap so no shorting out an its only still bein fitted in emplacement so hopefully tomorrow it will be fitted in place as it amazes me how quick the time goes an how little i can get done in that time but im enjoyin myself as its so nice to be doin something different
ATB Chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So Chris....you're telling me it's gonna take you two years to get around to painting this Tiger?? Methinks you misunderstood my reference to the "wet" stuff........Thought you were painting the superstructure cause the weather was turning warmer.....guess I'm a little confused here. ;) Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
So Chris....you're telling me it's gonna take you two years to get around to painting this Tiger?? Methinks you misunderstood my reference to the "wet" stuff........Thought you were painting the superstructure cause the weather was turning warmer.....guess I'm a little confused here. ;) Rick H.

HI Rick SORRY if i have confused you an not meant so by wet stuff you mean paintin ? well i am gonna try an paint it soonest an well perhaps i have over estimated on how long this build will be but there is so much that i want to do on this build as maybe my last build all the eletrics is proving a job to get it all in the hull an yes i know its a big hull

but the space is gettin used up quick an if not enough space then it will be a case of take some out an redsign the layout an thats where the time will be taken up an remember ive still got to build both gun turrets an try an get the guns to turn an elevate an im hope to have yellow flasin hi brite leds fitted in the gun barrels an ive tried this before with just one gun not 4 so thats gonna take a fair amount of time

like i said when i get building the time flys even when we was in 6months or so lockdown i hardly noticed it while i was building this ship an there is the matter of fitting over 400 hundred stantions for the railings so there is a lot to do an may take longer than two more years so far its only been a two yr build an my nimitz carrier was a 7 yr build best i can exsplain it hope you under stand as yes im itchin to see her sailing but it just gonna take some time lol
ATB to you sir
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris.....looking forward to seeing the "wet" stuff. :thumb2: Rick H.
HI ALL an Rick well thank goodness im mangeing to forge ahead on this build at all ahead flank speed lol an yes im up to the painting stage but its taken me all day to mask up all the bits that i dont want to get paint on an first off ive painted the hangar floor an walkways IMG_6414.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HOPEFULLY i will be able to spray all these item tomorrow if a bit warmer but first in primer grey then when thats dry an hard then humbroll matt light grey no 64 ani dint realise id built so many but there are still more to be built an here they are broken off the spreues an only a little flash lolIMG_6415.JPG