boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the paint im usein is mainly for R/C aircraft as its a very hard wearing paint to stick bein out in the wet wheather as if i sail in rough wheather the water somtimes splashes up onto the deck as the pond has i think got proper salty seawater in IMG_6425.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now ive got to spray paint in grey all the ladders an steps before fitting them an also a few touch ups on the colors an then it will be both funnnels to have their top painted black an again all their ladders an such fitted on them as there is still so much to do but that will be in the next instalment an i forgot to add this pic of the main rear hull section now in all her colours an her nice brass props showing standing up on end IMG_6413.JPG
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Going well Chris, that is a lot of work on a large ship model, rather you than me mate.

Andy.
HI Andy yea it seems to be goin well an im pleased but as you say its a lot of work but im retired an if i wasnt doin this id only sit an watch tv an veggitate lol as cant do much else so im happy doin it an there is quite a bit of dosh involed here an if for any reason i cant sail her in a couple of yrs time then the collectoers still want her an my norfolk so it money in the bank an thanks for takin an intrest Andy so good of you
chris

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
The painting looks good to me I don't think the finish on the real thing would be uniform due to bleaching and the weather.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks good to me Chris......should be fun.....I'll stand back a little as the paint slinging looks like its coming on with a passion! LOL ;) :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
The painting looks good to me I don't think the finish on the real thing would be uniform due to bleaching and the weather.
HI Scottie yes i think you are right about the deck as salty seawater will bleach the deck an thank you for saying the painting looks good but thats the best i can do as this paint is a thick paint an i have to work fast as its a quick dryin paint an you cant repaint over it untill it propberly dry or the paint will curl up an then it wil look even worst cheers for lookin in
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks good to me Chris......should be fun.....I'll stand back a little as the paint slinging looks like its coming on with a passion! LOL ;) :thumb2: Rick H.
HI Rick paint slinging indeed lol :rolling: :smiling: but glad you think it looks ok but its not fun paintin this paint as it stinks to high heaven but its ok when its dry but when wet it gives me a headacke even with a mask an goggels on phew an i'll have you in my cross hairs when im painting the deck this is similar to nr 4b0 but then mr J/R will love it lol:rolling::upside::upside::smiling::smiling::smiling: cheers for lookin in on the build
ATB chris

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Wow Chris, I've just had a catch up with this incredible build, your attention to detail is amazing. I look forward to the next updates.