boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
they will work up to 10 things only got a vauge idea at the moment as i will have to write out a list so i can get me head around this eletrics an both made an these will work from there own channells 7 an 8 so as there is 5 SWITCHES each on the cams then
X 2 AN ALSO IN THIS PIC CAN BE SEE THE FRONT STABILIZER SERVO AN THEY WORK OK IN TANDEM WITH THE RUDDER AN THE FOUR REAR STABS IMG_6839.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An still a lot more wires to be solered on the switches an plugs an i now nearly ready to go to town on the eletronics just got to wait till some mini choc block connectors come from ebay an fit them in an then blast off on the wirein an here a shot at some of the eletric that i have fitted in the bow section an they have gone in good so im on the right track IMG_6837.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an as the main eletric board is near the steam unit i have made up a glass top cover to stop the steam dampness getting into the eletrics an this will all be removeable to take out to fit new fuses an suchIMG_6836.JPGh

Attachments

• IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    549.6 KB · Views: 0

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ANYWAY as has been said its all been said so im not gonna bore you all while i do all the wireing so im not gonna post no more pics for a few months till its all goin so on this tiger thread its bye for now but i will still be following all your builds
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Keep us updated Chris, always interested in tiger goings on….
G/M Tim an yes i will but i dont want to bore you all to dearth while im doin the wirein as its gonna take a few months as a lot of wires still to fit as ive still to build both the gun turrets an the working seaking helicopter but i cant do these till ive got power all over the ship as all the wirein to be fitted in an i will have to draw severall wirein diograms on what will do what an thats gonna take time only hope i can get it all done before the hospital calls me in for my two eye ops as while they are healing i wont be able to do much on tiger so time is against me
ATB to you Tim AN cheers for stoppin an havin a look see
chris

sootysue

Sooty sue
First Name
susan
an as the main eletric board is near the steam unit i have made up a glass top cover to stop the steam dampness getting into the eletrics an this will all be removeable to take out to fit new fuses an suchView attachment 439264h
Well chris . You have blown my:surprised: brain with your expert skill and talent on ship building . wow well done. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well chris . You have blown my:surprised: brain with your expert skill and talent on ship building . wow well done. :thumb2:
OH MANY THANKS Sue for your nice comments an yes its blownin my brain as well as im now tryin to figure out where all the wires will go an work what ever
glad you got you pc sorted
chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well operation wirein is not goin well as i can safely say that all the wirein i have fitted in the front section is correct so far
but the accessory's coloured ribbion wires have let me down as they are quite thin only about 4 strand wire an so far 3 have failed as they are quite fragile so that main hull jiont plug has to come out an be scrapped an also ive did some more tests with the circut tester an to my amazement ive found out ive made a b**lls up as these mini plugs can only fit one way round as i wired them up in the same order as the front an again to my amazement this is wrong as they should have been wired in revese of what ive done as when i fit the mini plugs in they all wires come up in the wrong order lord knows how i made this mistake but they will all have to come out an be scrapped

SO its now one step forward an two steps back but its just as well i did the testing or i might have damaged the R/X an thats 40 pounds worth so thats something gone right but as lately i have not been in a good frame of mind but i cant set about putting things right untill i get a new 44 pin male D-connector to solder all the new wires in so tiger is on hold untill it comes an myself i think what a plonker to have done this but i must admit ive never used these mini plugs before as i used chock block connenters in all my other ships but in my eyes no exsuce but it will all get sorted just gonna take a lot more time
chris the plonker lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris lets say this once , none of us find it boring so please keep posting !
I think like most on here that your skills are way beyond normal modeling, the complexity of your build is amazing.

You've had other things on your mind and no doubt they have been the reason that the electrics have suffered.

Carry on mate.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris lets say this once , none of us find it boring so please keep posting !
I think like most on here that your skills are way beyond normal modeling, the complexity of your build is amazing.

You've had other things on your mind and no doubt they have been the reason that the electrics have suffered.

Carry on mate.
OK CHEERS John an yes ive not been in a good frame of mind lateley but ive got to put all that back section wireing right but it will happen when i get that plug so today im just goin to concentrate on the front section an wire up the things that i know are right but im gonna use the circut tester fistly to make doubly sure things are right
ATB
chris