boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
I have just had a good catch up, apologies for not commenting sooner. The great work and attention to detail continues. This build shows your skills off to a tee.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good job with all wiring,to me it looks like you broke open a pc and tipped the contents in lol
OH GOD Mark how did you guess lol no ive been today just fitting in the hull some eletronics to get a little idea how things are gonna fit in an so far im on the right track phew an then i will tidy up all the wirein when everything is in but that made me laugh Mark you have cheered me up as i go tomorrow for my flu an corvid booster jabs at the same time only hope it dont make me ill as last time i had the flu jab i went down with flu an felt rotton
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I have just had a good catch up, apologies for not commenting sooner. The great work and attention to detail continues. This build shows your skills off to a tee.
WOW THANKS Scottie an no need to apolagise yes things are goin in now an ive just fitted in a servo in the front part to work the front stabilizers an tomorrow if i feel well enough then i can connect up both push rods from the servo to both stabs
ATB to best to you Sir
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My best wishes for your eye op: no surprise you've worn your eyes out on those wiring!;)
HI Andrea YES them wires are a bit eye straining but ive still got lots to wireing an soderering to do on her an ive worn up severall soldering iron tips so ive had to go on ebay to buy some more tips
ATB to you Sir
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There must come a time when you surely want to finish this Chris. Don't think many of us could find the enthusiasm to build something like this and keep up the momentum.
HI John sorry for the late reply but ive got to fininsh this ship as i have too much time an effort an money investested in her to not do so
ATB to you Sir
CHRIS

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well im back today properly on my tiger build an ive got to start today by makeing X 2 of these cam switches fitted with hopefully a micro servos underneath each unit to turn the cams so with X 5 knock on switches an X 2 cam switches it will be X 10 KNOCK on switches to work things

that will be working on tiger an at the moment im having a hard time getting my head around all that i want to work off these switches so i will have to make out a list to get them all in the right order that i want them to work but i always so far have forgotten something as i treid last wk when i was i'll an i just could not get it right
so now im better hopefully things will all fall into place on how i want it so a pic of the one in my norfolk for you guys to get a little idea of what i want to build an i cant remember how i did it so i think i will take out the cam switch in norfolk as it just unplugs an unscrews so i can remove it to study how its built an its the big red cam unit in pic as i built this 5 yrs ago an on tiger im gonna try an tidy the wireing up a bit more as it do look a bit of a jumble
chrisIMG_5507.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
HI ALL well im back today properly on my tiger build an ive got to start today by makeing X 2 of these cam switches fitted with hopefully a micro servos underneath each unit to turn the cams so with X 5 knock on switches an X 2 cam switches it will be X 10 KNOCK on switches to work things

that will be working on tiger an at the moment im having a hard time getting my head around all that i want to work off these switches so i will have to make out a list to get them all in the right order that i want them to work but i always so far have forgotten something as i treid last wk when i was i'll an i just could not get it right
so now im better hopefully things will all fall into place on how i want it so a pic of the one in my norfolk for you guys to get a little idea of what i want to build an i cant remember how i did it so i think i will take out the cam switch in norfolk as it just unplugs an unscrews so i can remove it to study how its built an its the big red cam unit in pic as i built this 5 yrs ago an on tiger im gonna try an tidy the wireing up a bit more as it do look a bit of a jumble
chrisView attachment 438737
I have no idea what any of that does, how it works and how it connects......

It will be interesting to see a comparison of what the two look like.

Hats off to you Chris, simply mind-blowing stuff....

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Your last photo is mind blowing. How on earth you keep track of that lot is amazing. Incredible work.
I hope your eye operation went well.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have no idea what any of that does, how it works and how it connects......

It will be interesting to see a comparison of what the two look like.

Hats off to you Chris, simply mind-blowing stuff....

ATB.

Andrew
G/M to you Andrew well i know what is what an what does what but in my tiger there is so much more to work eg' in tiger there is a bow thruster that has to work an push water from left to right an back again but there is not one fitted in norfolk so thats just one more thing my TRANSMITTER will work an so far as i can think there are several more things that will be working in tiger that nofolk hasnt got thats why i bought a 14 cha R/C T/X AN with these 2X cam switches another 10 things will also come into play so all in i think it will work up to 24 things working so i will just have to make some small stickers to fit to the T/X so i know what that lever or switch will do pic below of my new T/X an yes Andrew It will be interesting to see a comparison of what the two look like. as this time im gonna try an make the twin units smaller an more tidy if possible an thanks Andrew FOR YOUR INTREST
CHRIS
C501004.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Your last photo is mind blowing. How on earth you keep track of that lot is amazing. Incredible work.
I hope your eye operation went well.
Jim
AN G/M to you Jim also an firstly i havnt had the eye op yet as they pulled me in again to hospital to assess my eyes as yes im one of those awkward people that has funny eyes as the surgon said your eyes dont operate normally as the pupils should open an close with how much light that enter pupils but mine dont they stay just pin pricks an wont open so they are goin to fit some special eyedrops in to try an get my pupils to open an then they are goin to fit in new lences in both eyes an im a bit worried over this but will see how it goes

an yes its a bit of a job to know whats what in the units in the ship but this layout in norfolk is easy im glad to say
as its
no1 red cam switch
no 2 servo with arms to hit small knock on swithes for wooper sound unit an fog horn
no 3 the black unit with the yellow dieals in just a varible power output reducer from 12v down through the voltages to 1'5 volts
no 4 is a multi fuse box
an no 5 is a relay to help boost the power in the wirein layout
an 6 an 7 are sound units so no real problem of knowing whats what but in tiger there is an will be oh so much more as i want tiger to be the biggest thing ive ever attempted hows that
an thank you Jim for your intrest also like Andrew
ATB to you
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Guys just taken that cam unit out of norfolk so now she's camless lol an yes it did exsackley as i designed it to an it did just unplug an then unscrew an the whole cam switch unit came out as one as this is the first time in 5yrs that its been taken out

but now its out i can take it up to the model room to build the two units for tiger but hopefully useing micro servo's as nice an light but they have a strong push an pull on the cam agaianst the micro switches but in this unit ive used here has a full size servo for maximin cam throw lenght

so wheather the mico servos will throw enough is still yet to be determinided so today its just gonna be a day of experiements testing the micro servos throw lenght against the full size servo throw an see what i can come up with fitting on different servo heads for size an throw on the micro servos
an here a pic of the cam switches unit removed from my norfolk top veiw of unit
IMG_6829.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Powerful stuff there Chris....... think I'll stick to shuffling bits of plastic around and leave the wizardry to folks that have more than two brain cells. :tongue-out2: :tongue-out3:;):thumb2:Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Hats off to you my friend that is some serious cabling. Keep up the great work.
AN HI Scottie thanks for the nice words thats cheered me up no end after bein i'll an havin me car pranged been a bad ole wk an yes there is still so much more wireing an soldering to come an do an im relly looking forward to it as its been hell all last wk could not do any modeling an yes it will keep comin
cheers for looking in Scottie
chris