boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Powerful stuff there Chris....... think I'll stick to shuffling bits of plastic around and leave the wizardry to folks that have more than two brain cells. :tongue-out2: :tongue-out3:;):thumb2:Rick H.
YES HI Rick yea its now gonna get complicated but thats great as i love it an two brain cells eh well its just as well then that i have three brain cells then aint it lol
hope you are well boyo
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's all too much , very mind blowing .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

I would like to know how many miles of cable you have in there Chris ?

The committee are being summoned to discus a special early award . Normally the Dogs is only given to completed builds, however with this being so complex I think it may well be given .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's all too much , very mind blowing .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

I would like to know how many miles of cable you have in there Chris ?

The committee are being summoned to discus a special early award . Normally the Dogs is only given to completed builds, however with this being so complex I think it may well be given .
HI John yes its getting complex an mind blowing you all say well there quite a bit more wirein to come yet an loads of soldering as its all got to be done if i want this ship to be like what ive got the images in my mind so all got to be done an im havin a ball doin the wireing think i like it better than the actual build an thank the committee for me if they do it an miles of cables well havnt got the foggiest but as i said still more to come
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You have a point there JR.........this project is actually a series of builds, in my humble opinion.....Carry on Chris! :thumb2: Rick H.
YES Rick you are right its like ive built say 10 models an stuck them all on the same diorama an yes Rick i will carry on as im havin fun an enjoyin myself imensenly
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Congratulations Chris, the committee has met and an overwhelming agreement was made.( Matron who is a leading member is still concerned about you recent illness , so be prepared for a visit. ! )

2020DB.jpg

Awarded to Chris for outstanding work and the determination .

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris

This remains wonderful engineering and design. Are you driving the cam switches with a regular motor, a stepper motor with an encoder or just a servo?

John

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Congratulations Chris, the committee has met and an overwhelming agreement was made.( Matron who is a leading member is still concerned about you recent illness , so be prepared for a visit. ! )

View attachment 438791

Awarded to Chris for outstanding work and the determination .
MANY THANKS govner (tips hat twice ) an if she's comin IM Oooo FFFFFFFFFF AN ALL DOORS ALL NAILED UP LOL
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

This remains wonderful engineering and design. Are you driving the cam switches with a regular motor, a stepper motor with an encoder or just a servo?

John
HI John its just a servo to keep it simple hopefully it will be two micro servos as ive got too make two of these for tiger as there is so much i want to work an thank you for your nice comment John
cheers hope you are well
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good god Chris that wiring belongs in a movie - ‘Bond, don’t cut the red wire!!!’
It all looks very, very complicated but I’m sure you know what you’re doing. Great work, as ever, even if us mere mortals don’t understand what’s going on!
Keep up the great work
Paul

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good god Chris that wiring belongs in a movie - ‘Bond, don’t cut the red wire!!!’
It all looks very, very complicated but I’m sure you know what you’re doing. Great work, as ever, even if us mere mortals don’t understand what’s going on!
Keep up the great work
Paul
Kind of reminds me of this sketch by the incomparable Bob Newhart…
Best line being…if that thing goes off it isn’t you they’ll want to speak to Willard, it’s me……

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Keep up the great work
Paul
HI Paul i gather you like the wireing then lol but i can assure you that every wire is carrying power somwhere to some unit an norfolk is no where near as complex as tiger will be on the wirein an im a mere mortal as well i sometimes have to scratch my head to find out what does what but thats where a cicut tester comes in handy an yes the work will carry on as too much money invested in this to stop an yes i think i know what im doin an what goes where but its all in my head so just got to hope the ole grey matter keeps up with myself lol but im getting there
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just look up Bob Newhart, defusing a bomb, on YouTube Chris. It is well worth it…probably his funniest monologue….

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Chris,
That amount of wiring has caused my head to go into regression - up until now my only wiring was for things that go 'bang' - basically two wires, a battery and a clothes peg! Now I feel empowered to try a two-way switch in between! (NB: Are those wires a correct diameter for 1/72 ... ?) :fearful:
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
That amount of wiring has caused my head to go into regression - up until now my only wiring was for things that go 'bang' - basically two wires, a battery and a clothes peg! Now I feel empowered to try a two-way switch in between! (NB: Are those wires a correct diameter for 1/72 ... ?) :fearful:
Steve
WELL GUYS:thinking: it certaintly seems my wireing is causeing a lot of opinions from you all an there is quite a fair amount still to come at least its keeping the forum busy eh an me also im pleased to say an Steve hope your head comes back from regression lol :rolling: :upside::smiling::smiling::smiling:
chris

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
WELL GUYS:thinking: it certaintly seems my wireing is causeing a lot of opinions from you all an there is quite a fair amount still to come at least its keeping the forum busy eh an me also im pleased to say an Steve hope your head comes back from regression lol :rolling: :upside::smiling::smiling::smiling:
chris
[/QUOTE
Me too mate! - I've just got a shock from experimenting with several Triple A's in series! Muppet! :tears-of-joy:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS WELL some first proper build pics since i was ill
an jen has been helping me on these cam swiches as its been a job to hold the base board to fit an make these cam switches an here we go as this will be a double unit to work from channel 7 an channel 8 on my R/C T/X an here we have made one from guess work an it works ok all micro switches come on an off when the cam hits them an it just a plastc gear that is the cam an ground down to work the switches IMG_6831.JPG