boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm still hoping you have enough power left in the old Girl to make the crane operational :tongue-out3: "Oh get on wit Man"!!
HI Rick my man im sorry but no can do on that crane for several reasons the main first is that ive used up 13 channels on my R/C so only one channell left an two as you say its about power as to make that crane work would take three servos one to turn the crane an two to lift the jib up an down an three a servo to wind the cable up an down so no go im afraid an plus all these motor launches on the deck between the funnes is right where the hull jiont is so theses motor launches will have to be wired all togeather so i can lift them off the deck easily to change batts an to half the ship i hope you understand as there is a limit to what can be made to work an not
ATB to you sir an hope you are not too dissapointed
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Incredible build Chris, your patience and skill , lurve it.
AN hi Rob im glad you are likeing the tiger build as patience i have plenty of but skill well there are a lot more skillfull modellers on here than me but its nice to try an see how things work out as regards that seaking i thought it was goin to be the pitts so i have had another lot of motors to fit in the airfix chopper in case this one dint turn out very well but i must admit it has amazed me as well but i think it was the decals that saved it
CHEERS for lookin in on the build
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,

Yet again, simply outstanding work. Wouldn't even know where to start.

Very, very well done indeed.

All the best.

Andrew
CHEERS Andrew for your lovely comment s an thanks an how is your son these days ?
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just playing catch up superb work on the seaking and what an end result.
AN hello Peter yes the seaking has turned out trumps as how it was when i was building it i had hair at the start of this build but now only a few strands left lol an yes it was a good end result but i dint think it was goin to be as ive only had one other really dissappointing kit like this an that was that K/H JAG
BUT thanks for looking in on the build as its nice to know others are likeing what im doin
ATB
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's ridiculous! (Sorry, I meant ridiculously good Mate - superb!)
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
CHEERS Andrew for your lovely comment s an thanks an how is your son these days ?
Chrisb
He's good thanks. Got over COVID very quickly with no lasting symptoms. Thanks for asking!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's ridiculous! (Sorry, I meant ridiculously good Mate - superb!)
Steve
HI Steve well yes it nearly was ridiculous this bloomin kit but thankfully i managded to turn it around cheers for your comments
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all well my brother came over to see tiger as he had heard a lot about it but never seen it so i took some pics of her all put togeather again for the first time again in months an to try i out to see if it all works ok but all ok except i think a bad connection on the back anti colloishion lights so as its all togeather today will find out the trouble with a cicut tester IMG_7334.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An for the first time ive managed to get the whole ship in the camers lens an the chopper looks tiny god tiger must have been big ship but she was a battle cruiser an helocarrier will look better when guns turrettes are built an fitted on her
chrisb
IMG_7333.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Impressive indeedee Chris...Wow!!
HI Rob yes she's looking good but as most of the time its all in bits due to the big size of her in my model room its a treat for me to see her all fitted togeather but just got to find out why no A/C lights on the rear mast an then she will be all shripped down to be stowed away again so i can move to build more on her as still a lot to go on her
cheers for lookin in
ATB
Chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

Simply brilliant. As you say the helicopter looks tiny. Great work indeed!!

Very well done.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

Simply brilliant. As you say the helicopter looks tiny. Great work indeed!!

Very well done.

Andrew
Many thanks Andrew yes as i said she is stripped down nr 90% of her time an i just seem to forget how big she is till i do fit her togeather an then yes the seaking does look tiny but the seaking model is a fair size nr about 11 inches long but the ships sheer scale size is making me think i only hope i can get her to the pond ok with out any damage
an to you also Andrew thanks for your comments
chrisb