boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming along well Chris.
Pete
Cheers Pete i was not goin to post any pics for a while as im gutted about Si an feel down as i dint know him well but i spoke to him a fair bit over his mad wabbitt build an i feel i got to know him a bit as he was a true gent an he made me laugh on his wabbit build just wish it could be finished by one of the forum figer painters an i posted these pics though as i dont think he would want us to stop posting our model pics as he was a try an try again gent so i have posted these pics as he would have i think wished
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice bit of progress there Chris.
Rick H.
HI Rick did the link for Si mad wabbit build work for you ? an yes just tryin to keep goin as about a month a go i had another gent on another forum who i used to chat to a fair bit as he was buildin a big russian aircraft carrier at 15 ft long it was huge bigger that his car an he passed away in his sleep an he was only about in his 50's so really a double shock for me an cheers for your comment
ATB chrs

• Sad
Reactions: JR

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Chris, mind blowing indeed, the two bridges are pure awesome together , where do you get your ship fitting from, is there a link, I am looking for stockless anchors and prop blades, how can I bend plastic rod with out breaking, she is looking awesome, can't wait to see you start on the front gun turret is there two .
Take care Tony.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris, mind blowing indeed, the two bridges are pure awesome together , where do you get your ship fitting from, is there a link, I am looking for stockless anchors and prop blades, how can I bend plastic rod with out breaking, she is looking awesome, can't wait to see you start on the front gun turret is there two .
Take care Tony.

HI Tony thanks yea im pleased with the bridges but i just wish i could get more done but as this ship is so complex i spend half my time on rsearch of the plans tryin to see that what im building is right but a lot of the pics of her are all different

when i look at them so its a job to know what goes where an i get my ship fitting from fleetscale models an props from jutek i think it is an bending plastic rod just warm it up a bit then bend an same with me i cant wait to build
the gun turrerts the small one just in front of the bridges are twin 3" guns an the front big turret is a twin 6" guns but im afraid they are a fair way off yet as still a heck of a lot to fit on the S/S an i got to build both big funnels so a lot to do
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracking Chris, cannot fault the sheer dedication and graft!!
HI Bob yea im enjoyin the build but finding the right info on a part to build is a bugger as looking at the plans all 6 sheets a lot of the lines all cross each other an ive got to try a get a 3D pic in my mind of what ive got to build as today i had my mind on Si an could not think properly as its so sad but got to buck up if i want to build this ship as im sure he would want me to as well an hope you feel better Bob
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I am quite simply speechless!
Hello Andrew if youre speechless then im doin something right on her as this is the most complex build ive ever done it makes my HMS NORFOLK seem more like a rowing boat in comparison as there is so much planning to what will go where regards the eletrics an smoke unit an batts an the small ESC to power the bow thruster in the front section just to name a few bits

an then theres the planning for the rear sction for the ESC X 2 as ive ordeded two 40 amp BEC with failsafe built in an all four motors an as im not goin to use the fushion ESC as its not GOT a BEC then i'll use the water pump for the bilges as she will ship in a bit of water up the prop shafts so it will pump out the water getting complicated but i wont have it any other way as i enjoy the challenges
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Take care Tony.

HI Tony thanks yea im pleased with the bridges but i just wish i could get more done but as this ship is so complex i spend half my time on research of the plans tryin to see that what im building is right but a lot of the pics of her are all different when i look at them so its a job to know what goes where an i get my ship fitting from fleetscale models an props from jutek i think it is an bending plastic rod just warm it up a bit then bend an same with me i cant wait to build the gun turrets as the small gun turret in front of the bridges is a twin 3" an the big turret is twin 6" guns
chris