Bronco Comet plus bits....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That's a good sign Mike! You take care of yourself Oldtimer...………...

• Haha
Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
HNY to everyone....
Today had a bit more time on the bench and made up the gun clamp and tow bar, no real problems except when cutting the s/steel wire that Voyager give you, wear protective eyewear or cut in side a plastic bag, no John you have the parts in a plastic bag, you stay outside the bag...... I give up!!! Seriously the rod when cut does have a tendancy to fly and peirce even skin...
Anyway here are a couple of pics of what I have done today....
gunclamp1.jpg
gunclamp2.jpg
towbar.jpg
You will notice that the extractor pin pot holes have gone and new bolt ends have been fitted on the side plates...
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
That's a good sign Mike! You take care of yourself Oldtimer...………...
Hello Young 'un,
Good to see you are still with us. I think I have a dose of what you had earlier in the year, but being a resilient old timer we can handle it - nurse, oxygen please!!!
Are you still on with your missile complex, or have you taken a sabatical from it?
Cherrs
Mike.

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yes Mike, I am afraid I had to take a break from it as I need to Paint 6 vehicles and suffered a major brain meltdown from information overload. She will kick back on in the Feb - Mar timeframe. You have been warned!!!

Prost
Youngtimer

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Yes Mike, I am afraid I had to take a break from it as I need to Paint 6 vehicles and suffered a major brain meltdown from information overload. She will kick back on in the Feb - Mar timeframe. You have been warned!!!

Prost
Youngtimer
Good for you, I am trying to clear some of those where you have all the intentions in the world but along comes another - bit like when you discovered girls....
Cheers,
Oldy...

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Happy new year Mike,
sorry to read you’ve had a case of the lurgies. Hope your feeling a bit better now

Some more lovely etch work I see.
I remember doing PE smoke candle bins on a firefly build...nearly made me cross eyed :smiling5:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Happy new year Mike,
sorry to read you’ve had a case of the lurgies. Hope your feeling a bit better now

Some more lovely etch work I see.
I remember doing PE smoke candle bins on a firefly build...nearly made me cross eyed :smiling5:
Hello Si,
Starting to get back on mt feet, thanks.
I know they are great fun, i shied away from bendung the hinges for the stoeage bins, I shall leave that for younger fingers...
Mike
I do not know who wrote the above, must reduce the medication.... Nurse, more of those pretty yellow pills, oh! they are not pills but for pil..... good grief! I have been chewing them for hours....

Last edited:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Finished the work on the side bins. Decided not to use the Eduard flat handles, so made my own, and the same with the hinges (not working).
sidebox1.jpg
Right side...
sidebox2.jpg
And the Left side, lid stay to be added..
Cheers,
MikeC.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning Mike - why does the stowage bin have a serrated edge like a saw blade?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike .
I have nightmares over this tank ! The instructors at Borden would make us recover one from a small lake , having much enjoyment of watching one poor victim trying to attach cables to the towing hooks whilst underwater.
Yours is looking a lot better than those, how on earth you manage to use that PE evil stuff is beyond me, it certainly looks good.
Here is a photo to show you how I would proceed .
images.jpeg
As you can see this method completely removed any of the skill set required. !
A Happy New Year .

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Morning Mike - why does the stowage bin have a serrated edge like a saw blade?
Hi Simon,
Not on the real thing, that is the zillion holes Eduard put in for the bend line instead of the half recess, but once the bin is complete and before details I filled out from the inside with c/a which came through the holes and then cleaned up after. It does look a bit worrying naked as it is but once painted all will vanish. It is not only the front but the sides as well, and if memory serves me the bins for the Centurion are the same.
Cheers,
Mike

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks for the explanation - very strange using holes for the bend line, not come across that before

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike .
I have nightmares over this tank ! The instructors at Borden would make us recover one from a small lake , having much enjoyment of watching one poor victim trying to attach cables to the towing hooks whilst underwater.
Yours is looking a lot better than those, how on earth you manage to use that PE evil stuff is beyond me, it certainly looks good.
Here is a photo to show you how I would proceed .
View attachment 368560
As you can see this method completely removed any of the skill set required. !
A Happy New Year .
John
Bit of a problem with some dirt I see.
On a night exercise in the Warcop/Carlilse area as part of the Anti-Tank Concentration Comp, we were then towing the MOWBAT anti-tank gun by Land Rovers. The Irish Guards went up a track, with marsh either side, and could not turn around with the gun hooked up, so doing the correct thing they unhooked the gun, turned the LR round and then went looking for the gun. Normally you just dropped it on the big rubber block attached to the frame and it would sit where you left it once you applied the hand brakes - they forgot the hand brakes - lost the gun - never to be seen again....
mowbat.jpg
As for the etch, I use tweezers as fingers and anything from thick plastic, single edge blades, scalpels to the tools you can buy for bending the etch, and sometimes even that can beat me.
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Thanks for the explanation - very strange using holes for the bend line, not come across that before
I know, real pain in the rear.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Slow day today, dogs to vets to get booster jabs, one to pet store to get muzzle, not aggressive, just likes subsidising her diet with unmentionables, and then home for some carpet cleaning... But I managed some time on the bench after taking part in the voluntary slave labour...
Thinking about the paint finish reminded me I had an old Vallejo paint set in the man cave, been there for ages, so have decided to play with this...
paint1.jpg
And all the destructions are on the back...
paint2.jpg
So after this enormous decision it was of to the bench.... and more metal bending...
toolclamps.jpg
And once all bent to shape and added I finished up with this....
lefttoolstowage.jpg
Left side of hull...
bracketopen.jpg
Right side - brakets open....
bracketclosed.jpg
And brackets closed...
Ran a bit of liquid filler around the side bins to close the gaps to check there is no further work, and now off to have a lay down....
Many thanks for stopping by and having a look...
Cheers, Mike.