Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Fantastic this is I'm loving watching this come together

S

Scuff

Hi Guys

Another quick update before I dash off to work.

The wheels were assembled and the rubber 'tyres' were flattened as they all had an annoying dip in the middle all of the way around. I was quite aggressive with a very rough sanding stick, which also gave a nice worn feel to the rubber faces. A few nicks were cut into the odd rubber tyre. They were all airbrushed with primer and then dark yellow before a grime wash was applied. This encouraged the bolts to stand out. A light sand dry brushing sorted out some subtle highlights.

The tyres were hand painted with Tamiya Rubber Black and when dry, given a good dose of sandy pigment to show some perceived use. A final application of some paint wear and chipping was painted on by hand with a fine brush and Dark Iron paint. SOme of the dark Iron was buffed to give some variation.

The track pieces were assembled a few evening ago whilst watching Stargate Atlantis on t' telly. They were airbrushed with Dark Iron and the high and touching faces buffed to leave shiny faces where they rubbed the wheels, sprockets and ground. Rust pigment was brushed with a stiff brush into the joints and then over brushed with a mixture of sand and green earth pigments. The whole lot was airbrushed with Alcohol to help keep the dust in place.

The track skirts were painted and weathered with the same techniques used on the turret. I shaded from light to dark to give some weight. The streaking was done with Tamiya weathering master. The original decals were very worn and faded, so I redesigned the characters on CAD software and cut out some masks with a laser cutter. I lifted the mask slightly from the surface when airbrushing the white characters, as I wanted a 'roughly sprayed at the front with a stencil' look.

T

tecdes

Good god Graham how do you do it. Very very nice paint work & weathering. Absolutely stunning.

You may be blown away by the comments but I am blown away by your superb model building.

Laurie

P

Polux

Those tracks look perfect. And lovely soft weathering, it's nice.

Polux

S

Scuff

This is the reasonably detailed engine and sub-engine.

I decided to paint a base colour of Tamiya XF-21 Sky. For the fuel tank I used Stainless steel, a hint of leakage was applied using Tamiya Smoke and an application of burnt blue from thier Weathering Master powder. The hoses were Tamiya Rubber Black and were finished off with the hose clips in chrome silver.

A Dark Dirt wash was applied over a coat of gloss, and when dry, removed as required to give some definition to the details. Chipping was hand brushed with Dark Iron. The dusty and sandy areas were completed with Tamiya weathering master Sand and Light Sand.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yes, truly impressive. Nice photographs too.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks like it would start if you pushed the button!

Nice work Graham

T

tommy1drop

Amazing work Graham, lovely build and painting, really impressive.

Tom

A

Andy Mac

WOW! Simply wow, that looks absolutely superb.

It looks big, it looks heavy, and it looks like it's made of metal. Fantastic is an understatement.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I don't think this is a kit ! I think your making a 1/1 scale centurion in your back garden !

Truly awesome work :smiling3: