'Close Contact' - WIP

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks guys. Richi, I was told did something similiar before.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work in deed the detail is just so good, other than wow what else can i say , :smiling3:

I know what you mean about horrabay Alasdair , someone found wheels for me on the Aust one think i could noooooo

the reason behind etching was maybe a quicker way off doing brick work use a 000 / 0000 brush with a thinners or solvent

to do bricks as it would or should only eat in about the same as using a knife :confused: just thinking maybe ?

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Ahaaa! Ok. Got it. Well that method seems like unhealthy way of doing it. Also tedious.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes , you are right , much the same as gluing them down , did an hour hear and there on them with the window open , but it still got to me,

using UHU Por,was just trying to think off ,a not so much tedious way around it,

First Name
Richard
I use a old 0,5mm permanent marker that I filed with acetone and after cutting the structure with a knife I draw over it with this acetone filed marker. This way I have a rougher stone appearance.

Cheers Richi

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ahh ta Richi , thats a good way around it know there had to be away, thank you so much :D :smiling3:

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Did my first try at scratch building a satellite Dish. Nothing fancy or over complicated. I decided that I want the roof to be removable. So I added tooth-picks at the top of the lower wall. Then I will be able to push the roof directly on top of the lower piece, thus holding it in place without the need for gluing. Scratch built bracket supports for signs and what-nots, signs, air-conditioner...Detailed the broken tile on the sidewalk. Iraqi sign.Some weathering done to the inside cab of the driver side of the pickup. Added some wiring to give the impression that the air-conditioner is functional, so to speak.

Overall look so far:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
excellent work , dose look real good and you AC , and sat-dish look spot on :rolleyes:

oval all looks like the real thing, look forwarded to next update

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks Monica for tuning in.

G

Graham D

Amazing work, I would not have thought to use expanded foam as a diorama material

First Name
Richard
Nice this is coming nicely together

Love the detail.

Cheers Richi

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks Richi. I am going to try and glue some figures this week.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Mind blowing stuff.Where do you get the pink foam from that you've used? Google has failed me (again - twice in one night!), so thought I'd just come out & ask!
I got the foam board I use from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-UNDERFLOOR-UNDER-FLOOR-HEATING-INSULATION-XPS-BOARDS-Special-Offer-/200959266194?var=&hash=item2eca1b0d92

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Always nice to see a master at work! Any chance of some more details on what you used to build the A/C and sat dish please?

Gern