'Close Contact' - WIP

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
I

\ said:
I got the foam board I use from here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-UNDERFLOOR-UNDER-FLOOR-HEATING-INSULATION-XPS-BOARDS-Special-Offer-/200959266194?var=&hash=item2eca1b0d92

Gern
Gern, you can find pink form at your local hardware store. Just ask. It is a common material used for insulating houses or buildings.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Always nice to see a master at work! Any chance of some more details on what you used to build the A/C and sat dish please?Gern
Hi again Gern. The dish and itself was taken from a juice carton. The support is simply a bracket I took from my scrapbox. The air conditioner are parts taken from my scrapbox. The fan itself is from a HO scale local. The square box is a plastic. Do not know where I got it. I usually lots of stuff, if it looks like something I can use. The gaget on the side is a part from a 1/24 scale motorcycle.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I'm just getting around to commenting although I have been watching the progress on this.

Stunning workmanship, great scratch building and sublime set pieces. For dio makers or for those wanting to make one, look at this model, not only for construction and quality but in placing your items, many dio's fall down due to just being square on, angles draw the eyes and make you want to explore. Superb work and a great talent.

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi again Gern. The dish and itself was taken from a juice carton. The support is simply a bracket I took from my scrapbox. The air conditioner are parts taken from my scrapbox. The fan itself is from a HO scale local. The square box is a plastic. Do not know where I got it. I usually lots of stuff, if it looks like something I can use. The gaget on the side is a part from a 1/24 scale motorcycle.
Thanks Charles. Looks like getting a BIG box and filling it with stuff that might be useful one day - and asking relatives to keep small oddments they come across too.

Gern

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Did some work on the roof. I glued sand paper to the sides and the top of the form to represent Stucco. At the top edges I used wall paste and then used the tip of paint brush to stipple the paste which in returned produced the Stucco effect. At on of the roof corners I chipped out pieces to represent broken concrete, maybe during a mortar attack or just simply worn out concrete. Either way, it looked the part. Then I painted everything with a concrete paint. Then, I used a sponged to dap a yellow paint. Then I went over everything with black wash to give it a worn aged look. Again, sorry for the bad pics:

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
I already started on the figures. I took about 2 hours just trying to file up on all seams and get everything perfect on these two figures. These will be the insurgents. I have about four more of the US soldiers to do. - at least try to:

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Some new pictures. As I said before, figure painting is not my best side; but I am still at it. Still more work left on these two figures but you get the gest of how it is going to look in the end. So the figures in the image is not quite finished. A bit more high-lights and a matte spray would make things a little better. The location of the pickup will be changed in the end.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work coming together very nice the detail is just superb ,the figure look good to me,

keep the good work going and look forward to next update

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The figures look good to me, great progress and looking forward to more

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work Charles , cheers tony

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
\ said:
great work coming together very nice the detail is just superb ,the figure look good to me,keep the good work going and look forward to next update
Thanks for the encouraging words Monica. Much appreciated. I needed the boost.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
And thanks to Tony Joe for the pep.

Z

Ziper_it

Stunning results on the buildings, figures seem ok to me, maybe a bit more matt would be better, especially on the green trousers.

Francesco

P

Polux

Love this thread Charles!!

Very interesting in all the ways :rolleyes:

Impressive work so far ;)

Polux

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Stunning results on the buildings, figures seem ok to me, maybe a bit more matt would be better, especially on the green trousers.Francesco
Yeah. I already know. Thanks again.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Love this thread Charles!!Very interesting in all the ways :rolleyes:

Impressive work so far ;)

Polux
Thanks for that.