phalinmegob

Brilliant work again Charles. A show winner on the way here

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
\ said:
Brilliant work again Charles. A show winner on the way here
Thanks Andrew. I can only wish. Thanks again for the support.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
I re-colored the pants of one of the insurgents. I think I am satisfied the results of the insurgents so far. Now it's time for me to ge unto the 4 usmc figures.

------------------

Anyways, here are some more pics of the building with completed roof as well as surroundings. I think the amount of garbage should be ok but will add more dust small stones. also, I think I am satisfied with the insurgents. Not the best but I am still a novice.

P

Polux

You don't have to worrie!!!

It's an excellent work so far! So, good luck ;)

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Reckon those figures look good to me Charles. Great work, still watching progress on this.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is truly stunning work Charles.

The figures, building and flatbed truck are all fantastically well observed and modelled with a craftsman's hand.

Cheers

Paul

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
A little continuation of the diorama construction. No big change but added some more small stuff, so it looks a little more the mess out on the road and around the building. You can see that I keep on trying different variations to see which one fits best in the scene.

---------------------------

These are the figures I am using. Right now I'm forced to start over with the USMC figures because I was not entirely happy with the result.

M

mobear

could be a reconstruction pic from a real event,its outstanding so far

T

tommy1drop

Been following this build and it just gets better and better, well done Charles.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks gents. Its been going slow and with my phone camera not giving the perfect pic, it is coming along gradually. I have to re-do the usmc figures due to the wrong camo colors. Oh well.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful, this gets better and better. The figures and superb Charles, dio making at its best.

Si:smiling3:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Been watching this build on another site, it's just pure brilliance, totally outstanding detail;)

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
You guys are too kind. Thanks. Especially you Lee.

P

Polux

Is a brillant diorama Charles.

You can feel the action :eek:

Polux

B

Boldman

Excellent work Charles! What I like most about what you do is the tiny details you add that make the scene look more authentic - the broken flagstone, the hones in the tarmac, the flaking plaster on the walls, the rubbish bags. All individual tiny details that pull you into the scene and make you believe. You have been one of my inspirations in setting a scene since I came back to the hobby! Look forward to see more!

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks for the positive responses guys. Appreciate it. Just hope the overall look will get the attention.

First Name
Richard
Hello Charles,

love the details you put in there, garbage bags, flyers, pamphlet so much to look at, so much little details that are showing up after 2 or 3 times studying the pictures.

sorry to hear that about the usm. Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers Richi

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thank you kindly. I appreciate the encouraging words.

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Well, after buy some denatured alcohol, and soaking the figures in them to remove the paint, I finally took them out after 8 hours and the results were not that good. The paint seem to come off easily but so did the plastic. So I had to throw away two of the usmc figures. :sad: So typical. And these were the two main figures I wanted to use in this scene. So that means I will have to build the other two remaining ones and luckily I had one resin figure from Blast Model that I will add to the present ones. Oh well. Next time I will not leave them in for so long. I am going to start on the figures this weekend. So my apologies for not having any pics to show of the usmc figures. Hopefully next update.

But here are some over all pics of the entire diorama, which I took outside. I painted the concrete barriers black/yellow strips and added drums to the mix to make the scene more interesting. Still going to weather the building some more and the surroundings.