CLOSED Snow scene 1/76 scale(battle for the farmhouse somewhere in the European theatre of ww11)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
April the 9th 1988 and to my horror I woke up on the morning of my execution and it was white over it had snowed.
I remember that as well thought hopefully not as much as you. one of those rare occasions when I had a white Birthday, two days later... that is.

Some nice kits going on that base. Feel sorry for those troops. Didn't even make it to the field before they took one in the gut. From a tank!

Ian M

D

dubster72

I've often wondered what those Fujimi kits were like. I've been tempted on eBay a few times!

As for Caen, thats part of the Normandy campaign & sadly snow-free.

How about the Ardennes?

First Name
john
Ardennes sounds good that'll do for me cheers Patrick for the heads up I checked out Caen and the battle for that was June -August 1944.So no snow in July then? lol this is my 1st bash at a Fujimi kit and it's gone together nicely with no fuss or problem

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work so far John,

how did i miss this,one,i just look for the ones without my face on them lol, :D

the colors you are using for your base work is good to me,and the house looks good also,

will be interested on how meany change out of kits you have,:rolleyes:

\ said:
I .Some nice kits going on that base. Feel sorry for those troops. Didn't even make it to the field before they took one in the gut. From a tank!

Ian M
you know Ian was thinking the very same thing,hit with some thing big,no chest left lol,:oops: ;)

First Name
john
3 vehicles assembled and I really enjoyed doing them they went together really well especially the airfix.i don't remember them being this good the 1st time around 40 years ago!!!!! Should the jerries get the tiger I'm not sure as I don't want to overcrowd the base.I could extend the base but that means yet more work mmmmm decisions to be made more on the axis forces later.View attachment 97810

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice picks,i do like what you have there, ;)

oh i would hate the know how much that big bottle cost...........:confused: :rolleyes:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape nicely John. Just a suggestion, but how about having the kubbelwagon on it's side..."Where the **** did that come from?" kinda thing?

D

dubster72

Looks good for sure John! I'm with Ron, either having the Germans or the Yanks bugging out in haste would look good

First Name
john
Thanks guys n girls something's gonna get damaged jeeps kubelwagen tank one side or both might get a couple of more tanks axis and allies for burnout wrecks trucks even but I seriously think the base will have to be extended but more work tonight after works done n dusted times ticking it will soon be February !!

First Name
john
Bugger no modelling tonight:sad: Work today took its toll on this 50 year old body n mind of mine.instead knocking out the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs on the settee and woke up just in time for bed.Try again tomorrow :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Ooh Panzer Grey John? Arrggh must stop putting my rivet counters hat on!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice looking vehicles John. Patrick, what is wrong with Panzer Grey? I know they came out in a yellow paint but I've also seen grey German vehicles before.

D

dubster72

German Grey wasn't used after August 1943 Joe, after that the basecoat was Dunkelgelb.

So there's no theatre that can combine a Sherman, German Grey vehicles & snow ....

But that's me being pedantic, it's John's build! :smiling3:

First Name
john
\ said:
German Grey wasn't used after August 1943 Joe, after that the basecoat was Dunkelgelb.So there's no theatre that can combine a Sherman, German Grey vehicles & snow ....

But that's me being pedantic, it's John's build! :smiling3:
I beg to differ how can you be absolutely 100% sure that a Sherman never came into contact with snow and a german grey vehicle of some description in all the chaos and carnage of ww11. especially towards the end of the war when the Germans were all over the place and everything was going down the pan for them.But at the end of the day it's just a model and a bit of fun so who really cares .yellow or grey and as I'm colour blind anyways it's off really no importance to myself :cool:o_O:D:p