Computer Games

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes I am one of those who enjoys the odd computer game or two and was seduced by the launch of STARFIELD. I got it through Steam and it took about 20 hours to download on my internet connection. I have only really just unwrapped it but I have too say, for anyone who is interested in space simulation games it is superb. It needs a fair amount of computer grunt to run it but the visuals are spectacular. There is an engrossing sound track and more possibilities to explore than you can shake a stick at. I can see that many of our snowy wintry days will be spent warping around the universe, mining, trading, fighting space pirates and generally performing research and exploration.

Any other old aged kids on here?

John

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Yes I am one of those who enjoys the odd computer game or two and was seduced by the launch of STARFIELD. I got it through Steam and it took about 20 hours to download on my internet connection. I have only really just unwrapped it but I have too say, for anyone who is interested in space simulation games it is superb. It needs a fair amount of computer grunt to run it but the visuals are spectacular. There is an engrossing sound track and more possibilities to explore than you can shake a stick at. I can see that many of our snowy wintry days will be spent warping around the universe, mining, trading, fighting space pirates and generally performing research and exploration.

Any other old aged kids on here?

John
Me!!! But I’m still engrossed in COD!!!
My way of removing pent up angst!!!

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Yes Andy I enjoy all thoes ,plus Doom ,also enjoy terminating with extreme prejudice the odd player on fortnight but most of you could have probably guessed that;)

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Having lost many hours of my life to Fallout 4 I've been looking forward to Starfield, but I don't think my PC can handle it!

My lad will be getting it no doubt so at least I can do a Steam share and test it out before parting with my money.

EDIT: Yes, my son is downloading it as we speak.

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I only play on my trusty now very old ps4 graphics might not be top notch pc but the game play is still good ,the softer side of me loves a bit of sack boy(platformer)as well love playing all the levels made by other players. Dave

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'm still a PS4 user, I use it like Doug to release pent up frustration instead of doing it on my boss :smiling:

First Name
Andrea
I enjoyed Far Cry 1 for the sniping simulation and the possibility to choose your path but I don't like monsters and other unreal creatures so when I finished it I deleted it from my HD.
I love to play old wargames on my PC like Steel Panthers, mainly the last release, World At War (SPWAW) and The Operational Art Of War, lot of fun and don't require very advanced computers.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm still a PS4 user, I use it like Doug to release pent up frustration instead of doing it on my boss :smiling:
Sounds a familiar theme!!!
Have admit to moving on up up from ps4 to 5!!
Next biggie for me is! Do I subscribe for another year? I’m 71 now and still slaying for kicks. Wifey says I should but I think that’s so she gets peace when the soaps are on!!
Used to team up with grandson but he’s seriously into fortnight!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I enjoyed Far Cry 1 for the sniping simulation and the possibility to choose your path but I don't like monsters and other unreal creatures so when I finished it I deleted it from my HD.
I love to play old wargames on my PC like Steel Panthers, mainly the last release, World At War (SPWAW) and The Operational Art Of War, lot of fun and don't require very advanced computers.
Far Cry, that brings it back. Loved that

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm a pench as well Doug but not as old as you ,my excuse its good for the hand eye reflex thing ,they keep your mind active plus never had anything keep it as a kid. Dave

Niho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
When i get time I'm on War Thunder, ariel and ground battles, and I'm a torpedo spitting destroyer fan on World of Warships lol, taken a break to find summer this year but when i get Lightning Fibre for the winter I'll be back lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Used to be heavily into games. I was most into Counter-Strike: Source (CS:S). And i was quite good at it too. I used to compete in a European gaming server. Gave it all up though as i nearly lost my marriage and kids.

These days i just play Last Shelter Survival.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm a pench as well Doug but not as old as you ,my excuse its good for the hand eye reflex thing ,they keep your mind active plus never had anything keep it as a kid. Dave
I did read that it helped with warding off dementia. As an excuse - that works for me.
Forgot to mention Sniper Elite is my go to sniping game. The slow-mo's of the fatal shots - brill!!!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Used to be heavily into games. I was most into Counter-Strike: Source (CS:S). And i was quite good at it too. I used to compete in a European gaming server. Gave it all up though as i nearly lost my marriage and kids.

These days i just play Last Shelter Survival.
Were you hogging the machine?????

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Spending at the very least, 5 hours a day playing it. Maximum was probably 14 hours a day
I get grief if I exceed 2 hours. She's getting sneaky now as well, she releases the puppy!! Who will try and nibble leads etc. (Usually headphones!!)