Computer Games

Sunburst Finish

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Oh I'm K/D ratio. Never see the point in a team deathmatch of charging around getting 30 kills and 31 deaths. Better to get 10 kills and 5 deaths.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Oh I'm K/D ratio. Never see the point in a team deathmatch of charging around getting 30 kills and 31 deaths. Better to get 10 kills and 5 deaths.
I don't have much choice. I just get killed!!!! But I'm happy!!! It's the bleeding youngsters who sit with a sniper rifle and use it like I use a LMG!!!!!

Sunburst Finish

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You ought to try Cold War, some of the kids on there have frighteningly fast reactions.. I can only survive through camping.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I recall my first effort on Internet gameplay spent 45 minutes getting sniped by some whelp. Who thought he was hilarious.
Found something else to play!

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I can still remember the day my step son told me about CoD, claiming it was so realistic, until I told him that a sniper would never ever run around a battlefield in the way that they were in the game..(charging around like a headless chicken whilst doing 'snapshots' with his weapon).

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Who remembers Unreal and all the series thereof. "Headshot!"
Used to love Ghost recon. For its day the graphic was pretty good.
Can remember the name of it but a game that could actually give me the creeps was the the one with the research center you had to escape from with all these zombie like creatures and "face-hugger" things. Real creepy sound, lighting. I would physically jump sometimes when one of those things crept up on you!. Surround sound was perfect for that. I was playing late one evening so I had headphones on and it had gotten dark in the room. Wifey dearest came in with a coffee and put her hand on my shoulder! Jump! I almost pooped! lol

Revolt! a Radio controlled car game. What a blast. Very good physics and graphics. used to have fun with that.

De.Mort

SMF Supporter
First Name
Iain
I'm afraid i never bothered with win 3.1 .. had no need as dos startup disk did what i needed so only " joined " at win 95 ...

How about .. Dungeon master , Amiga only .. eye of the beholder , Wolfenstein 3D , Civilisation 1 .. a truly epic game .. later and wing commander as mentioned .. good game ... Dune yup .. excellent game , played it to death , red alert another good game .. Total Annihilation i think it was called .. excellent .. basically for me .. strategy games were my love .

But to be fair .. the first Unreal blew my mind .. the graphics at the time knocked spots off of everything else .. and there were several clone games using the same engine ..

Dam i feel old now lol !!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Can remember the name of it but a game that could actually give me the creeps was the the one with the research center you had to escape from with all these zombie like creatures and "face-hugger" things. Real creepy sound, lighting. I would physically jump sometimes when one of those things crept up on you!. Surround sound was perfect for that. I was playing late one evening so I had headphones on and it had gotten dark in the room. Wifey dearest came in with a coffee and put her hand on my shoulder! Jump! I almost pooped! lol

Revolt! a Radio controlled car game. What a blast. Very good physics and graphics. used to have fun with that.
Was that Half Life? Really good game. The only first person shooter I ever finished before I got bored……

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Ohj yes, Half-Life and its various add-ons/conversions (Opposing Force, Gunman Chronicles, Blue Shift...) took a big chunk of my time. My first version of Windows was Win 286, for a Toshiba laptop I had from work. 286 processor, 2M of Ram, 20 Meg hard drive!
Pete

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This will probably sound ultra-weird to you dedicated gamers but I have never played a video game of any description :rolling: Never felt the tug to do so ...
Steve

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This will probably sound ultra-weird to you dedicated gamers but I have never played a video game of any description :rolling: Never felt the tug to do so ...
Steve
What?.... not even "Space Invaders" back in the day?!!....
....Weirdo!!;):tears-of-joy:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I am with Steve here. I have never played video games or had any inclination to.
John.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I recall my first effort on Internet gameplay spent 45 minutes getting sniped by some whelp. Who thought he was hilarious.
Found something else to play!
I had a xbox when I encountered this, 'camping'. G1ts used to camp out at the known regeneration points, take you out at soon as you reappear and so on. I quit my xbox live account, which prompted a email from Microsoft asking why I had quit. I told them. They replied to say it was a known problem and they were currently writing an algorithm to stop this. No idea if it worked because changed over to Sony.
However it still occurs but not as much. Symptomatic of playing first person shooters I guess.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
That was it. I think it was also the only game I completed.

I completed it too but i lost interest in the game when it went 'off world' at the end. But the game play was cutting edge when it came out.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
How about .. Dungeon master , Amiga only .

Not 100% true ...... Also on Atari ST