Del's Titanic build. Academy limited edition

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Reluctantly removed a lot of decking this morning, I've left the stairs in as there is no reference to a replacement that I can see, I can and will remove them later if required though.

LED strip's placed into hull (once I managed to unstick them from my fingers/eyebrows etc...the STICKIEST adhesive I've ever come across....think flypaper)

Hull pre-painted so that Vallejo red hull paint was a tad pointless!!!PXL_20210303_102024467.jpgPXL_20210303_102034555.jpg

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Hull placed onto the stand, don't know if this is taboo as such having not built a ship before but the destructions said stick it on the stand!PXL_20210303_110452161.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Reluctantly removed a lot of decking this morning, I've left the stairs in as there is no reference to a replacement that I can see, I can and will remove them later if required though.

LED strip's placed into hull (once I managed to unstick them from my fingers/eyebrows etc...the STICKIEST adhesive I've ever come across....think flypaper)

Hull pre-painted so that Vallejo red hull paint was a tad pointless!!!View attachment 415534View attachment 415535
(Del Quote )
HI Del they are the same led's strips ive put in my tiger hanger bay but how on earth did you get them stuck to your eyebrows ? oh an a nice start by the way looking forward to this build
chris

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JR

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Ok, so it would appear the LEDS are not working, strangely the part described 'power' is a metal pin the you thread part of the wiring through.
There's no obvious on/off switch, it's all wired correctly but my gut feeling is that power button not doing whatever it's supposed to do.

Any ideas?
PXL_20210303_134144610.jpgPXL_20210303_134243218.jpgPXL_20210303_134221076.jpgPXL_20210303_134212728.jpgPXL_20210303_134202368.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
DEL IM BUSY now at the moment but if no one got any ideas i'll have a look at your wirein this eve an ask you some question ok ?
chris ps as you leds look the same as mine an what voltage are they ?
CHRIS

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
DEL IM BUSY now at the moment but if no one got any ideas i'll have a look at your wirein this eve an ask you some question ok ?
chris ps as you leds look the same as mine an what voltage are they ?
CHRIS
Cheers Chris, they say DC 5V?

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Seems like an odd thing to suggest, but is the 'power' button similar to a touch lamp? I would try touching it to see what happens.

Otherwise check all connections, solder joints and connector orientations is all I can suggest!

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Seems like an odd thing to suggest, but is the 'power' button similar to a touch lamp? I would try touching it to see what happens.

Otherwise check all connections, solder joints and connector orientations is all I can suggest!
I thought that but it doesn't react in any form, all connections look firm and its wired correctly...it's baffled me.

Oh....and rigging, don't get me started on rigging!

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Well, this is frustrating...my son's looked at the led and cannot see any other reason for them not working other than they're faulty.

Connected up correctly, brand new batteries and all wiring intact and firm.

This is a problem, I can't move on until the lights are remedied, I can't see Academy helping out so I may have to bite the bullet and get some led strips off Amazon or similar....suggestions welcome!

(The LEDs are four strips so nothing complicated)

Del

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Test the led’s by connecting them directly to the power without the switch. If they light up it’s the switch.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not yet...just going to link them directly to see if it's the switch
NOW Del thats what i was goin to say but on one led strip just can you just put the red poitive wire to the pos on batts an black wire to the negitve just to see if you can one strip workin an do they need or have a resistor fitted ?

Reactions: JR