Did you see them coming?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Top work Paul and have a good Christmas.
Ron, Thanks mate.
Paul
Looking very smart love the detail work and have a Merry Christmas
Lee, Thanks Fella.
Lovely result. Great details. Smashed rear bumper a nice touch. Merry Christmas. PaulE
Paul I figured it wouldn't have had an easy life.
Scottie
You have a way with weathering. Very convincing stuff.
John
Thanks John, Glad you like it.

Scottie

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Scottie, so sorry for missing your fine work before….
The modifications and metal work are great, with the paint and weathering on all the effort is well spent in the detail work.:thumb2::thumb2::smiling:
Looking forward to see more and have a Happy New Year sir!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and received lots of modelling goodies.

Just a quick update, not a lot to show have added the spares and the sand mats still some more clutter to add. Also been working on the weapons will post some pictures when they are done. Next is to start dusting it up and add more clutter the figures are assembled and I need to paint them.

Have a Good, Healthy and Prosperous New Year and keep the Great builds coming so I can learn some more:smiling:

Attachments

• DSCF1637.JPG
    DSCF1637.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1638.JPG
    DSCF1638.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie, so sorry for missing your fine work before….
The modifications and metal work are great, with the paint and weathering on all the effort is well spent in the detail work.:thumb2::thumb2::smiling:
Looking forward to see more and have a Happy New Year sir!

Fernando,
Thanks fella, I must admit I have enjoyed this build and I'm glad you like the result.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Happy New Years Paul but I like to call you Scottie. A great build I’m sure you will execute this with outstanding results

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Truly great work my friend and I can't wait to see what's next! Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year Paul......

See you on the other side!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Happy New Years Paul but I like to call you Scottie. A great build I’m sure you will execute this with outstanding results

Lee, And a happy New Year to you and yours. I answer to anything lol. Hope I can justify your confidence in the build.

Truly great work my friend and I can't wait to see what's next! Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year Paul......
See you on the other side!!!
Prost
Allen
Allen, good to see you my friend thanks for the kind words. Guten rusch ins Neue Yahr. Trink nicht so viel :tongue-out3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Who says you can't get 10 lbs. of sh*t in a 5 lb. bag! Scottie that jeep is full. Amazing though it is. Looking forward to the post New Years update.
Cheers and Happy New Year, Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Who says you can't get 10 lbs. of sh*t in a 5 lb. bag! Scottie that jeep is full. Amazing though it is. Looking forward to the post New Years update.
Cheers and Happy New Year, Rick H.
Rick, I think your right it always amazed me how much they carried. Happy New year to you and yours.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
How many jerry cans!! I hope Santa resupplyed you:smiling5: Looking forward to the New Year progress report. Now go take some paracetamol:smiling5:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This part of the build I am now calling done. Just the figures left to do and add the weapons. I will hopefully be starting the Chevy soon and giving the base some thought.
The wheels have been attached and it has had an initial coat of pigments from a fine gentleman called Etzel who some guys may remember. The final weathering will be done to match it into the base.
Anyway enough waffle here are some pics please be brutal and point out the flaws so I can improve on the next one.
cheers
Scottie
DSCF1639.JPG
DSCF1640.JPG

DSCF1641.JPG

DSCF1643.JPG

DSCF1644.JPG

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
[QUOTE="scottie3158, post: 415083, member: 6566" please be brutal and point out the flaws so I can improve on the next one.
Alright, you asked for it...

There aren't any!

Pete[/QUOTE]
Thanks Pete, Very kind of you to say.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I thought I saw room for one more jerry can in the back :tongue-out2: ! Great piece of work Scottie, I'm
Looking forward to seeing the Chevy come together.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great build Paul , full of interest and detail to be very proud of. Up to your normal high standard.
John .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I thought I saw room for one more jerry can in the back :tongue-out2: ! Great piece of work Scottie, I'm
Looking forward to seeing the Chevy come together.
Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick, Ok I will try and squeeze another one in lol. Thanks mate I'm looking forward to the Chevy.

Great build Paul , full of interest and detail to be very proud of. Up to your normal high standard.
John .
Thanks John, Very kind of you to say.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Using the 3 foot rule or in my case 30 feet works better I have painted the crew. I am far away from the Mr day's of this world but I must admit I am quite happy with them but still can't do the eyes. Apart from the fact I appear to have missed some mould seams. I had to chop the feet about a bit to get them to sot properly in the seats, but they wont be seen unless you really look. They have been painted with Valleyo acrylics. I will fit them tomorrow when they are completely dry and finally the weapons then its on to the next part.

DSCF1645.JPG
DSCF1646.JPG

DSCF1647.JPG

Last edited: