Did you see them coming?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul.
I loved that como net, one of the best i've seen.
Don't worry I wouldn't set fire to any of your builds, as its cold I will hide under that tarp to keep warm.
John.

Early test results at Race Towers, bit too much excelerator.
View attachment 327403

Hi John,
Thanks mate, Glad you like it. I think you could be right about the excelerator especially as you were only making toast.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only a little done today but they were time consuming. I received some DEF models wheels in the post, they are very nice indeed slightly sagged, the fronts fitted the kit hubs perfectly but the rears did need the kit hubs reducing just a little. You also get two spares which only needed the stud holes drilling out. next the Lewis gun pintle was fitted to the vehicle and detailed plus the Lewis gun was detailed with a mounting pin and chain. Finally the rifles were cleaned up and the moulded on brackets removed and some sling swivels and slings added from fine wire and thin foil.

DSCF1689.JPG

DSCF1690.JPG

I will have to straighten the tie downs as I have flattened them during handling. I also need to straighten one of the pole ferrules.
Thanks for looking.
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Top work Paul, we've come to expect the impressive detail.:thumb2:
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
the chain on the machine gun is really sick...And not to mention the camo poles.... please MOOORE... :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Each update shows the skill, effort, thought and time you are putting into this. It is really paying off :thumb2:
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's some top detailing there Paul. Very impressive. You will be like me now - holding your model with kid gloves to make sure you don't knock any of the detailing off.:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Catching up with this one - great rdference photos at the start and an nice build
Peter

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's some top detailing there Paul. Very impressive. You will be like me now - holding your model with kid gloves to make sure you don't knock any of the detailing off.:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:
Steve, Your right I have already had to replace a couple of tie downs thanks for the kind words.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Like big Greg said ...please MOOOOOORE...me likey the detail..⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hi Joe,
Good to see you matey glad your liking it so far. No bench time for the next few days but hopefully it will soon be ready for paint.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am crap at pre shading lol but got some colour on the build. I have had to order a replacement nozzle as I managed to loose it down the sink:anguished:. So I will have to wait now until my bits turn up. I am undecided between the straight forward light stone finished or the light stone and light blue.
The only other addition was to hang a spare wheel on the front bumper and add chain.

DSCF1691.JPG

DSCF1692.JPG

DSCF1694.JPG

DSCF1695.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
Thanks mate but as you can see from my efforts air brushing scares me as well.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul , thought a man like you would have had the waste off the sink by now, or do you think it was washed away ?
What a blow, no doubt some choice Anglo Saxon was muttered .:flushed::smiling2:.
John .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul , thought a man like you would have had the waste off the sink by now, or do you think it was washed away ?
What a blow, no doubt some choice Anglo Saxon was muttered .:flushed::smiling2:.
John .
Hi John,
I did and it was gone so yes the air was a bit blue and my other brush has an issue I can't seem to sort so will be asking the question on here.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looks like you have been having fun with the preshading :smiling3: When I used to do it I used to end up with the whole thing black:smiling5: I hope you have managed to get the base coat on now and are well into the fine detailing

• Haha
Reactions: JR