Did you see them coming?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like you have been having fun with the preshading :smiling3: When I used to do it I used to end up with the whole thing black:smiling5: I hope you have managed to get the base coat on now and are well into the fine detailing

Hi Steve,
I will hopefully be back at the bench tomorrow to apply the base coat and continue with the detailing work. Thanks for looking in it's good to see you still following along.

B

Brad9826

Hi Scottie , Just caught up on 11 pages, outstanding stuff as usual. Looking forward to the rest.:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Today I have given the whole thing a top coat of middle stone. Then lightened the panels with a mid of middle stone lightened with a drop of light flesh and white. Next the tires were blocked in with black grey. Finally the tarp was sprayed with Khaki then high lights where applied with varying tones using the khaki and flesh/white. This has now been set aside to dry over night.

thanks
Scottie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this one. Great work so far

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter.
Thanks mate, I need to pick out the eyelets I think they would be brass and add some ropes.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
... Paul the details of all the stowage is really fantastic... not to mention the tarp.... WOW...:flushed::flushed::flushed::smiling::smiling::smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Managed to start on the detail painting today so work began with the load. Still lots to do. All the unpainted stuff will be covered with the tarp. The rest of the build has had a coat of Klear and been put to one side to dry overnight.

thanks for looking comments good or bad encouraged.
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie

Isn't it infuriating when you come across someone who not only had the skills to super-detail a build but then goes on to do a superb paint job. Probably the weathering will also be brilliant!!! :smiling::smiling2::smiling3::smiling4:

Seriously this is excellent and a pleasure to follow.

Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie

Isn't it infuriating when you come across someone who not only had the skills to super-detail a build but then goes on to do a superb paint job. Probably the weathering will also be brilliant!!! :smiling::smiling2::smiling3::smiling4:

Seriously this is excellent and a pleasure to follow.

Jim
Jim,
You really are to kind mate thank you very much indeed.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This is smashing Paul...love the eyelets on the tarp...everything else excellent. :thumb2:

Did you manage to remove the stowage for easy painting?

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is smashing Paul...love the eyelets on the tarp...everything else excellent. :thumb2:

Did you manage to remove the stowage for easy painting?

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard,
No unfortunately the plan didn't work I couldn't remove it so the painting is not as neat as I would have liked. Many thanks for the very kind words.