Dog Tag 1/16 US Marine Pacific Islands WW2

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Jim. The monkey was around 1/35 scale compared to the figure. I suppose it's placing is meant to carry you around the figure?

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Another masterpiece Peter.
I do feel for you with Sinusitis.Get the same and yesterday it got me.Banging head and so fatigued.
Richard.

Me too!

Though 40 years of smoking killed my sinus's, so self inflicted!

Lovely work Peter, and love the monkey too.

Looks like there is a fair chance of finishing before you escape to the cold South?

I have a few days off to rest up after a 2nd week back at work.

Still no PC with fully operational apps!

Have a good day with the paint and enjoy your break away

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Yes, sinusitis is not fun. I was offered an operation some years ago to remove the polyps, but a few people who'd had it advised against, so I didn't go through with it. Glad I didn't, as my doctor confirmed recently that it was a waste of time - management's the key apparently.

Should get this done either today or tomorrow.

R

RichardMo

top notch sir. I also like the monkey. adds alot to the story
Rick

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Rick.

One last strap to make and he's done.....

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph. I wanted to get him done today as I'm away for a few days and then have got some commission work to do.

Anyway, he's done:

100_4337.JPG100_4336.JPG100_4335.JPG100_4334.JPG100_4338.JPG

It was the turn of all the equipment and extras today, something that I always like doing. The only extra is the rifle, and of course the usual strapping.

This was immensely enjoyable to do - a superb kit and a great piece of sculpting. Thanks for following along.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Liking the pose of this figure Peter with the usual attention to the painting that you always do makes it even better. The only thing which I thought you could have not censored is his lack of underarm hair. :smiling2: other than that ...beautiful.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Many thanks. I did toy with the idea of armpit hair, but decided that a bit of shadow would suffice - the rest would be left to the imagination. I could always put it in at a later date I suppose.

Ralph - Glad you like it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I really like this. Superb painting as always but such an unusual subject as well.
Enjoy your break away.
Jim

D

Durk

Hi Peter, very nicely done:thumb2:. Apart from the figure itself, the palm tree is very realistically painted!

DIRK

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thank you. I don't normally go for ready made vignettes, but I really liked this one.

Dirk - Cheers. The palm tree was done with a bit of simple dry-brushing.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well I missed most of this Peter. I wonderful result as always. We mention your figure work all the time but forget sometimes how much the extras, bases etc are all superbly well done also. Another stunning all round figure Peter. Thanks for sharing

D

Deleted member 6559

Peter - Will do.

Steve - Many thanks. I didn't make the base of course, just painted it.

D

Deleted member 6559

Another set of 'final' pics. I ended up doing quite a bit of work on the trousers last night, as some of the folds weren't reading well. Now he really is finished:

100_4339.JPG100_4340.JPG100_4341.JPG

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Superb job, Peter, as always!
I think that last picture is the correct viewing angle, with the monkey's face framed by the marine's arm.
stunning
have a good weekend
Neil

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Neil. Yes, perhaps you're right about the viewing angle, though the sculptor has provided plenty to see around the corners. Very pleased that you like him.