• Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Are you feeling better now?

Headache and hypo?

I feel for your old pup having had just the one filling for £62.20!

Not too bad today, no real aching just feels odd!

Lovely camo, and well worth a few paracetamol!

I have never done camo in any scale, one day, perhaps!

The only thing I have gleaned from all my research is more or less what you do, fully shade the base coat, do all the seams so you know where the material will not match, then shade/highlight the patches as you go.

1/35 would be ? less paint but much harder to see!

Plain pants are a great counter point to the superb camo.

Hopefully the vets will go well for you both?

Have as good a day as you can, its 0 C here and has snowed lightly already, but its not sticking, just painfully cold outside

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Felling much better thank you. I think it was the doughnut I'd had the day previously that was the culprit - I really never learn.

Just dropped Joe off at the vets and it's b****y freezing - should have worn the merino wool long-johns Katherine bought for me in NZ.

I think camo would be even harder at 1/35, though at that scale you could get away with omitting some of the detail, like rain stripes. Trews today.

Steven - Glad you approve. Thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 4539

Nicely getting there Peter:smiling3:.
Diabetics choice..Should I have a doughnut....yes,no,yes,no,sod it I'll have a bowl of sugar puffs:tears-of-joy:.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great to read that you’re feeling better now Peter and neat looking camo work:thumb2:.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thanks. I've learned my lesson this time - no more sugar!

Fernando - Cheers.

D

Deleted member 6559

Finished:

100_6637.JPG100_6640.JPG100_6641.JPG100_6639.JPG

I dug out an old base last night and refurbished it before sticking him on. Happily it's made him stand more upright. I also adjusted the angle of the head after accidentally knocking it off.

To finish off today, I painted and attached the ammo pouch, MP44, and hands. The map was cut out of the instruction sheet, and the gun sling was made from paper and wire.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apologises yet again Peter.
Missed the start completely, sorry to read of your recent overindulge causing the reaction.
Hope you and the dog are ok.
Sunny here but feel so cold outside.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
OOOOps forgot to press post!!!

Morning Peter

Darn it, I was going to send you an Easter basket of doughnuts LOL

Sorry!

Lovely work and great pants Gromit!

The figure looks completely different to the box art.

I guess you'll finish today and then onto choosing another victim?

Snow down here, the wind is picking up and the BBC forecast wintery weather for the next 10 days.

Hope Joe is OK after the vets?

Have a good painting day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - No probs. The site's busy at the moment and there's lots to see. Joe had 11 teeth out in the end, about £1000 worth of treatment - not sure who's feeling the most pain!. Hopefully the insurance will cover a good part of it.

Ralph - Many thanks my man.

Steve - It's been finished in the interim. Hope you approve. Joe is feeling very sorry for himself - looks very dejected and is groaning a bit. He's also got bald patches all over his chest and forelegs where they did tests and attached monitors, poor little lad. He was sick a bit in the night due to the anaesthetic, but seems more settled now - I got a kiss, which means I'm partially forgiven.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter

Another beautiful piece for the collection and what's more he has also got his trousers muddy...!

John

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Ok this one is my all time favorite thanks for choosing this one Peter very elegant painting and I like the base as well

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Many thanks. A big compliment coming from such a great painter as yourself. The mud is done with pastels, something I'm getting more into.

Lee - Very many thanks. The pleasure was all mine - a great kit and nice to paint.

Scottie - Very glad you like it. Thank you.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally missed this one Peter. A great figure all round

Glad to hear you are on the mend now.