Dragon 1/35 Tiger mid-production w/zimmerit * Wheels, tracks & wash! *

P

Polux

Which kind of diorama you have in mind Patrick?

If I can ask :smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
Which kind of diorama you have in mind Patrick?
If I can ask :smiling3:
You can ask Polux!

I'm thinking of the dreaded Miniart buildings! Essentially it'll be a big board (nicely finished around the edges!) with either 2 buildings or 1 building & a wall.

The Germans will be really-loading the Tiger's ammo as the commander discusses the next move with the panzer grenadiers.

Behind the wall/building, a group of plucky Tommies will be preparing to shove a PIAT round up the Tiger's bum! If I can find a 1/35 PIAT that is!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

this looks brilliant. Is this the porsche turret?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this looks brilliant. Is this the porsche turret?
I believe you may be thinking of the King Tiger (or Tiger II) which had either the Porsche or Henschel turrets in the first production tanks. The Henschel design was chosen and all vehicles continued with this design after the Porsche turrets were used up.

The Tiger 1 only had the one turret which was designed by Krupp to carry the 88mm gun. Porsche did however submit a design for the chassis, but again used the same Krupp turret.

Patrick - Beautiful work on the Tiger, the camouflage and the pin wash is very well done. When this gets it's flat coat it will look amazing (armour models always look a bit toy-like with the gloss coat on) and I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

Cheers

P

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

Any news on the Tiger? Seems like you weren't too far away from completion and I'm looking forward to seeing this big kitty finished.

Cheers

P

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Patrick
Any news on the Tiger? Seems like you weren't too far away from completion and I'm looking forward to seeing this big kitty finished.

Cheers

P
Hi Paul,

Well ... I'm in the process of moving house at the moment & everything is packed away. Trouble is, due to unforeseen snags it's taking way longer than I expected :sad:

So I might unpack a few bits & return to this one!

P

Polux

I'm with Paul, Patrick!

I'm wishing to see this excellent item finished and your next build as well ;)

Polux