Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
Dragon styrene
Now again, what is that?

I haven't built a 1/35 tank in over 20yrs so I'm a little out of touch here. Would please be so kind as to explain the terminology used? :confused:

First Name
Aaron
Ds tracks are one piece tracks designed to be connected with styrene glue.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thanks, the old style one piece soft track. :smiling3:

For a while I thought you that you were referring to the funky multi piece tracks...:rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

Fabulous work on the camp so far. i really like what you've done with the shadows - great stuff.

looking forward to an update on this.

Cheers P

D

dubster72

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

Looking great so far. This is obviously a 3rd company Tiger from 101st schwere pz abt. Did the colour call out ask for a grey barrel? Or are you painting the barrel separately? I can check my refs quickly but off the top of my head don't recall any grey barrels? (I could be wrong)

I wouldn't worry about how many Normandy dioramas there are on the go at the mo. For a start mine will be nowhere near becoming a scene for at least a year or two, by which time you'll probably have finished this superb Tiger and setting plus possibly five other equally excellent dioramas. Also, Normandy is a perennial modelling subject and there's loads to go at.

The Zimm does look well done on the Dragon subjects doesn't it? I've got 2 12SS Hitler Jugend PzIV in 1/35 both with Zimm already moulded and it does look good.

What's your plan for this Tiger?

Cheers

P

D

dubster72

Hi Paul,

The one I'm doing is in the Dragon painting instructions as commanded by Untersturmführer Alfred Günther of 3/s SS-Pz.Abt. 101 (spotters badge for you!) The scheme shows a grey barrel so that's what I've done.

Although information about Tiger 311 is thin, I'm planning a 'defense of Caen ' dio.

I'm very impressed with the Dragon zimm, it's much finer & to scale than I expected - far better than anything I could manage!

First Name
Aaron
Looking good mate, personally I dig the grey 88. It adds character. You nailed that camo Patrick...awesome.

p.s those decals snuggled down well.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice work Patrick, that camo is mighty impressive mate!

Not clued up on tanks much so can't comment on the barrel colour but hey, if it looks right and feels right to you then it's probably good enough.

Cheers

Phil

P

Polux

This camouflage looks really good Patrick! Magnificent work so far ;)

I'm interested to see the dio as well!!

First Name
Robert
The tiger Patrick is looking the dogs biscuits. Had to catch up with the thread but what I've seen oozes awesome work. The paint layers to begin with looked good then I thought you'd lost it but now I see its al come together and I see the point.

I'm not 100 sure but I think I read in s ref book the barrels were changed out after so many firings or when rifling was off ( don't quote menas I may be wrong but I think that may be reason on the barrel not being uniform with the camo

Regards

Robert

D

dubster72

Thanks Robert! It's true that barrels were replaced, this one is in the primer grey - never red oxide! ;)

First Name
Richard
Great job so far Patrick,

Great work on the camo pattern, and those figurines will make the perfect addition to your diorama, I am sure of that. ;)

Cheers Richi