Dragon 1/35 Tiger mid-production w/zimmerit * Wheels, tracks & wash! *

First Name
john
Very nice indeed. I'd have been really tempted to stop after the dak sand shade if it were mine as it looks totally awesome in my opinion but I'm sure it will look equally as good with the camo squiggly bits on by the time you've finished with it Patrick. I have a Tiger 1 in the stash with no zimmerit and this is making me want to go and rip the lid off. Great work very inspiring look forward to more. Cheers John

D

dubster72

\ said:
Very nice indeed. I'd have been really tempted to stop after the dak sand shade if it were mine as it looks totally awesome in my opinion but I'm sure it will look equally as good with the camo squiggly bits on by the time you've finished with it Patrick. I have a Tiger 1 in the stash with no zimmerit and this is making me want to go and rip the lid off. Great work very inspiring look forward to more. Cheers John
If it was an Afrika Korps Tiger I might have done that, but it needs camo for the Normandy theater.

Once you've finished your 109 Trop, drag that big kitty out John!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Superb work Patrick,its coming along very nicely,im liking it, ;)

First Name
Jason
Awesome paintwork Patrick! Looks like a great kit too. Might have to save my pocket money for one.

D

dubster72

Thanks guys & gal!

Jason, it's a great kit & a pleasure to build ( awful instructions aside!)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking good, bub! :smiling3:

You have my attention!! :D

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Awesome paintwork Patrick! Looks like a great kit too. Might have to save my pocket money for one.
Hi Wendall

I noticed you started a airfix 1:48 mozzy PR.XVI, did you finish it? What is the kit like as I was thinking of picking one up.

Cheers

Phil

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice camo patterning, air brushes do a nice job of it. I have a brand new one {gifted} Testors, really nice it is but can't get myself to try it out {old dog you know} figure by the time I get good at it with all that mixing, cleaning, special paints and all I'll be to tired to do any modeling :oops: think I'll just plug along with the hairy sticks and the cheapie paints, the haven't let me down so far, but anyway brilliant work thus far ;) ...........Jim

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi Wendall
I noticed you started a airfix 1:48 mozzy PR.XVI, did you finish it? What is the kit like as I was thinking of picking one up.

Cheers

Phil
You thread hijacker you! Naughty Phil ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
Nice camo patterning, air brushes do a nice job of it. I have a brand new one {gifted} Testors, really nice it is but can't get myself to try it out {old dog you know} figure by the time I get good at it with all that mixing, cleaning, special paints and all I'll be to tired to do any modeling :oops: think I'll just plug along with the hairy sticks and the cheapie paints, the haven't let me down so far, but anyway brilliant work thus far ;) ...........Jim
Thanks Jim, but never say never - there's older people learning those new tricks all the time ;)

Really it doesn't take too long to airbrush, even with the preparation & cleaning. There's really no need to break the AB down after each use - a good flush is fine with a proper clean once a week IMHO.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
You thread hijacker you! Naughty Phil ;)
Sorry Patrick I'm still fairly new to this forum lark I take it that's frowned upon

Finding it hard to find any decent reviews of that particular model and don't know how to contact someone direct.

Anyhow your tiger is looking real nice great work on the camo pal!

Nazis - not nice but I loved there camo patterns... Can I say that?

D

dubster72

\ said:
Sorry Patrick I'm still fairly new to this forum lark I take it that's frowned upon
Finding it hard to find any decent reviews of that particular model and don't know how to contact someone direct.

Anyhow your tiger is looking real nice great work on the camo pal!

Nazis - not nice but I loved there camo patterns... Can I say that?
Ha-ha don't worry mate, it was only tongue in cheek!

If you have a question for a particular member, click on their name in a post & you can send them a private message - it'll say ' start a conversation '.

And yep, I reckon that's ok! Admiring certain aspects of the German war machine doesn't mean you believe in the twisted ideas of the leaders.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Ha-ha don't worry mate, it was only tongue in cheek!
If you have a question for a particular member, click on their name in a post & you can send them a private message - it'll say ' start a conversation '.

And yep, I reckon that's ok! Admiring certain aspects of the German war machine doesn't mean you believe in the twisted ideas of the leaders.
Thanks for that Patrick

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Hot from my workbench!
Done the tracks, not keen on DS ones, being a committed individual link man, but I guess they're easier to do ;)

View attachment 121826 View attachment 121827 View attachment 121828
Give me the old rubber bands any day, most are well detailed and always in proper alignment. Have conquered the track sag problems so who needs all that tedium. sometimes I look in the stash for a new project and see those indy tracks and say, oh brother! and move on to an older kit. When I did my "Hunting Tiger" DML- each link had four pieces each! :oops: I put it off for a long time but wanted to build it so bad I had to relent. Even now the "Super Pershing" kit I'm doing has indy inks and I was bogged down for quite a while with them. Each one had to be meticulously cleaned or they wouldn't fit together! Almost takes the fun out of it :sad: Maybe they should make after market rubber bands for the kits with indy links! :D ............Jim