Dragon - Sd.kfz 251/6 Ausf. C

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
On closer inspection the "Rupert" (or whatever the Germans call them) suffered a little damage courtesy of the Royal Mail. He had a Grenade in his left hand which had snapped off. No big deal, I planned to remove it anyway....... I drilled out the stub that was in his hand, and I didn't destroy anything. Also his binoculars had snapped in half, it was in the packaging so was easily fixed back on the other half......... a little filler around his waistline, and we are good to go........... tomorrow night I'll put some primer on the figures and the hull sides ..........

DSCN2490.JPG

DSCN2491.JPG

DSCN2492.JPG

........... and Eric wanted to help this evening.........

DSCN2494.JPG

Choosing some paint ..............

DSCN2499a.jpg

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Sure you do not to Bollix them up mate, i'll watch them, lol :D
I wouldn't "Bet the Farm" on that Francis. :D

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Looking good eh there Eric ( now show him how to paint !!!!
He Dry Brushes a treat with his tail Robert :D

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I don't seem yo have had much time for getting on with this lately. But, I've managed to get the sides on, It needs a lot of weathering and some wear & tear yet (I'll leave that to Eric)................ I 've started on the figures and the driver needs to go in before I can put the top on ..........

DSCN2500.JPG

DSCN2501.JPG

DSCN2502.JPG

DSCN2503.JPG

DSCN2504.JPG

DSCN2505.JPG

DSCN2506.JPG

DSCN2507.JPG

F

Fenlander

Looking good Peter, lots of detail in this kit compared to the old Tamiya. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the figures, my biggest weak spot......

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Looking good Peter, lots of detail in this kit compared to the old Tamiya. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the figures, my biggest weak spot......
That's my biggest weak spot as well Graham........... In fact it' more like a "Bloody Great Boil" than a "Spot":rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Hi All,

I haven't had any time for modelling or forum input over the last couple of weeks. I've either been working (it's gone nuts lately), dealing with a family crisis (.......and they're supposed to be "grown ups" now ??????) or just too damn tired to do anything much of anything............

But I managed a bit more on this over the weekend.

DSCN2517.JPG

DSCN2518.JPG

DSCN2519.JPG

DSCN2521.JPG

DSCN2522.JPG

DSCN2525.JPG

F

Fenlander

Good to see you back at the bench Peter. Sometimes just getting back to the plastic can help put things into perspective.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Good to see you back at the bench Peter. Sometimes just getting back to the plastic can help put things into perspective.
Thanks Graham. The last couple of weeks have been exhausting. But I think, things will be a little calmer now.:rolleyes:

First Name
Robert
Nice to see you back Peter ( we have missed you) hope everything turns out rosy

Great progress by the way

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good Peter,liking this a lot,

oh what a naughty moggie , my do the same thing,and just

lov the end of the brushes as well,:confused:

then I forget and open the cap

with my teeth,:rolleyes:

oh well as long as I,don,t see a dead rat some were its ok I think,:confused:

J

John Rixon

\ said:
I actually did some more on this today. Haven`t ha much time last couple of days.........I have the figures in one piece and trowelled on some filler...... The sides are together and the various interior parts are on......... I'll post some more photos tomorrow.
This kit and the destructions are a proper challenge.......There are several parts that are referenced to the wrong sprue and numbers......... and then fitting the parts and sub assemblies is all sort of "Hit & Miss". With lots of dry fitting and a bit of guess work, as there are very little in the way of reference points of what goes where and only the vaguest indication on the Destructions........ There are all manner of marks & holes not used and are common for other models......... It's tiring. But I will win. :smiling3:
This does seem to be one of the "perks" of Dragon kits! My tiger had plenty of this confusion, but, as we all know, the upside is crisp details and plenty of work to keep us busy :eek:. Having said this, my next model is a reasonably new Tamiya easy eight! But I know I'll be back for more Dragon somewhere along the line...

D

Deleted member 4539

At least you are getting some modelling in now Peter. :smiling3:

It's looking good.