"eternal war of the poor man"

R

rogue-one

thanks paul. i've had a wee search on the net and found some info and it's the same as what you posted, with the spittertarn camo. i'm posting up some pics of the built figures now with a few customs. i might now try and go a bit further and alter a figures trousers and boots to do them in camo too. cheers again.

R

rogue-one

"eternal war of the poor man". motar team built.

hi there folks. i've now built my figures for the german mortar team. it was a great wee kit! very detailed. i've switched arms and heads about and positioned them in posses that work with my idea of dio. then added a few wee customs to suit that period of time and battle. hopefully if the photo's are clear u can see the netting added to one figures helmet, camo covers added to two other figures helmets, then a small spittertarn camo rain cover "poncho" made with a very,very thin polyester piece of material that painted easily and folds and creases with the figures movements pretty well. lastly, i altered the mortar missile box a wee bit by making the lid folded open and added a rope handle with a little bit of thread.

View attachment 24863

View attachment 24864

View attachment 24865

View attachment 24866

motat team.built1.jpg

motar team.built2.jpg

motar team.built3.jpg

motar team.built4.jpg

R

rogue-one

thats great paul! thats exactly what i'm going for. i'm glad you posted that up. i couldn't find a detailed colour photo of them being wore'n.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
They look like some nice figures Bobby, looking forward to this matey.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Bobby, But could you post every thing in the same thread, It could get confusing after a while. (I almost missed this one; I was to busy looking at your other thread).

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi bobby , these look superb mouldings,cant wait to see them painted up and in action! cheers tony

R

rogue-one

cheers tony.

cheers ian. i wasn't sure how things are done with this group build posting :smiling3: when i'm posting up the next pics i'll do it here and change the title to "work in progress" or something. also, can anyone tell me how i post pics up in a big size instead of these little thumbs?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby

The thumbnails enlarge when you click on them. We can see the detail you're putting into the figures no problem.

Cheers

P

R

rogue-one

i was just wondering how come some peoples picture postings are on the forum in a big size (like backbreakers pics for example). so folk don't need to click on them. how do i do that?

and cheers again paul for the pics! i,ve took some inspiration from them and now made one of my figures wear a spittertarn smock too. i thickin'd up the figures arms and body a little bit and added a hood, so when i'm painting it i'll do it in spittertarn to match the zeltbahn. good call.

F

Fenlander

The thumbnail pics are the forums way of handling pictures uploaded direct to the server. The larger pics are not uploaded but linked to an external site like Flickr or Photobucket.

To do this you have to set up an account with either Flickr or one of the many photo upload sites and then upload your picture at a reasonable size to it first. then when making a post you can copy the URL of the picture from your chosen upload site and past it into the post using the 'Insert Image' icon, a picture in a frame, above the message box. This will insert the link and when you post the message, the picture will be pulled through from your picture upload site and displayed in your message for all to see in its original size.

What you have to be aware of with this method is that some sites, like flickr only allow the latest hundred or so pictures you upload to be seen on the free versions (although the previous ones are not deleted so the links may not be affected) so you may not, after a while, be able to directly access older pics on your upload site until you subscribe. Also, should you delete a picture from your upload site, you also delete it from your post.

The upside of this method is that it does not upload to the Scale Models server loads of large picture files. However, as John does not appear to put restrictions on the amount people can upload, I assume he has unlimited space.

There is no need to label your posts like this as 'Work in progress' as you are posting in the 'Under Construction' forum within the GB Forum. Only when you have the final finished pics would you post them in the 'Completed' Forum in the GB Forum. At that point, we would know it is finished although you can put a final post in your 'Under Construction' thread to say that finished pics are now in the Completed section.

R

rogue-one

hi graham. thanks for explaining all this to me. i think i might just stick to the thumbs the now. as for the details of the posts, i'm anoyed i started this on now. i should've stayed with the first one. wish i realised. now i'm trying to decide what to do about it. i would be good if i could delete this one then just go with the original one but it doesn't look like a can.

F

Fenlander

No problem Bobby, I have merged your two threads into one so it is now all under your original thread

R

rogue-one

fantastic graham, thanks very much for your help!! now get back to the painting and stop using my dilemma an excuse for a break. he he. :beer:

C

Cov1

Cracking zeltbahn Bobby and those figures have some very good poses. If you ever need details on German Heer or SS WWII camo's try Daniel Peterson's books on the subject. There about £15 each or the local library might get them in.

Mind you looking at the fantastic pattern you've done, you might be the one giving out tips.

Ade

R

rogue-one

ha ha, cheers ade. yeah, i love ma camo! have done since i was a kid. here's a really old pic when i was about 3 or so with my favorite camo hat. note the contradiction of holding a rifle and blowing on flowers. he he.

View attachment 24977

old stuff 201.jpg

C

Cov1

Good on ya pal, nice to meet someone else whom likes ya camo.

Been collecting it since i was about 12 years old.

About 40 patterns so far, though not allowed to keep it in the house, due to the wife hates the smell of old uniforms!!

Do you have many patterns?

Ade

R

rogue-one

i don't collect any (or not on purpose anyway) but i have a few bits in the cuboard. there just things like hats, cargos and jackets that have modern camo design (like that new pixel camo that you might have seen about) then ofcourse, american desert and ofcourse the classic british camo. i do think that even now germany does the best camo designs tho.

as for the "aawwwww" graham, i might look like a peacefull young chap but believe me, 2 mins later i was probably destroying every flower and tree around me. ha ha.

Last edited:

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Alright, I'm in for another aawwwww........:grinball2: