F-16 for parts reclamation

0ne48thtel

So this dio has come about as a result of a build that went wrong.

The board is cut and the plane is getting there slowly. I am going to leave a few bits off and have them around the aircraft as though they have been removed ready to be transported to the workshop for re-use.

The tressles I scratch built after looking on line to see how airframes are stores in the boneyard at DM.

These have actually solved a problem I find when doing builds of not having anything to stand aircraft on while waiting for bits to dry etc. I have one of the Tamiya rotorary stand but not all builds sit on it to well. at least with the tressles they can be adjusted.

Anyway back to the dio and the WIP on it.

Once The tressles have been painted and weathered I will give the board a skim of plaster and add a bit of detail to it. once dried I will be dipping in to the grand View attachment 83831

View attachment 83832

View attachment 83833

View attachment 83834

View attachment 83835

kids sandpit again to cover the plaster.
One thing I am undecided on is wether or not I should add something like a hummer to the board with a couple of bods working on the plane.

I am not sure if the board would be big enough to take the aircraft and the vehicle without looking to crowded..

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

P

Polux

You have my attention ;)

Let's see how all it turns! Very good, of course :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I shall keep a watch on this on as i want to try this with one of the smaller 747s.

Peter t

0ne48thtel

It will be slow going this week as I am on mostly lates :eek:

D

dubster72

Nice idea Terry - I don't think a Hummer would make it too crowded. It'd probably be parked close to the plane in any case.

What would be cool would be a backdrop of a photo of the boneyard (if they keep Falcons there?)

0ne48thtel

Thanks I am Already on that Patrick will have to go to somewhere like staples to get the size I need.

0ne48thtel

As a number cruncher that is one place I would love to go. I would be like a kid in a sweet shop coupled with that the reference pictures I would get for builds.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Terry. The Hummer will compliment it nicely.

0ne48thtel

That and few bods working should do he trick Joe. I have a trailer I am toying with sticking on the back of the hummer but not sure yet.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

The suspension is very coming along, some rust washes would help the whole vehicle overall :smiling3:

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along very nicely Terry, i would still be trying to work out how that suspension go,s together,:confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work interesting idea will be watching this.

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys John I am gong to weather the inside and do the rest once it put together. Monica the suspension is all one unit so no fiddly parts there really. This kit is a little cracker it is going together really well with no fit issues.

D

dubster72

Looks very nice Terry - funny how vehicle lots seem to go together easier than their winged brethren!

0ne48thtel

I know what you mean Patrick then again I guess you can hide seem lines and alike with weathering on vehicles.

0ne48thtel

The Hummer is coming along nicely now. I have gone or should I say I am going for the well used look the sort of pool vehicle that gets abused. Thers is still a ways to go with this part of the whole dio but I feel it could well be worth it.View attachment 84382

View attachment 84383

View attachment 84384

View attachment 84385

View attachment 84386

View attachment 84387

View attachment 84388

View attachment 84389

View attachment 84390

View attachment 84391

View attachment 84392

View attachment 84393

View attachment 84394