F-16 for parts reclamation

0ne48thtel

Today I have stuck the pallets in place and the drop tank. The trailer has had a little work done on it but still needs a bit more. The pylons on it are only dry fitted to see how they will look. For me this is really starting to turn out how I envisaged it. As with any build there are little bits that are niggling me but over all I am happy.

View attachment 87556

View attachment 87557

View attachment 87558

View attachment 87559

View attachment 87560

View attachment 87561

View attachment 87562

View attachment 87563

View attachment 87564

View attachment 87565

View attachment 87566

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

0ne48thtel

With the snake now in place all that is needed is a few minor bits on the airframe and this one is done I think! I have decided to leave the trailer next to the drop tank as when I placed it behind the Hummer it made the front of the dio look to busy.

View attachment 87702

View attachment 87703

023.JPG

026.JPG

First Name
Dave
This is brilliant Terry.Lots to look at in this diorama.The snake is a nice touch.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Dave I am really pleased with it. As I said in one of the posts earlier there are a few bits to finish on the airframe that will have to wait until I come back from Cornwall next Saturday. I am now waiting to hear if I can use an image I have found as the backdrop again that will have to wait. If I haven't heard by then I will just post the build without as finished.

0ne48thtel

This is all but done with only a few very minor touch ups to add. I have kindly been given permission to use an image by the gentleman who has a page here http://deanoinamerica.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/the-boneyard-at-davis-monthan-air-force-base/#comment-7752. Many thanks Deano for the use of the image it is much appreciated. Photos of the finished build will appear in the completed section soon.

D

Deleted member 3568

Absolutely top notch the snake bit is a dio on its own it dose make me giggle I had 27 snakes and lizards at one time. The RSPCA were always handing me snakes and that is just the reaction that people have. Really first rate bit of modeling.

D

Dave Garrett

i was going to mention a trailer with bods working and some parts on the trailer and loose the hummer but it depends what scale you are working in as to weather it would be to crowded or not and your own preference as to the amount of detail in the diorama