F-16 for parts reclamation

0ne48thtel

Thanks Joe the undercarriage bays are going to be lightened as I feel they are a bit heavy.

0ne48thtel

This afternoon I have done a bit more weathering work on the drop tanks the wheels and started weathering the pylons. The undercarriage bays have been cleaned up a bit as I felt the weathering was a bit heavy.View attachment 85192

View attachment 85193

View attachment 85194

View attachment 85195

View attachment 85196

View attachment 85197

View attachment 85198

View attachment 85199

View attachment 85200

View attachment 85201

View attachment 85202

View attachment 85203

View attachment 85204

View attachment 85205

View attachment 85206

I have also made a pallet from stirrers and styrene this was preshaded with Flory's grime then given a very thin coat of Tamiya buff. The planks on top of the pallet sill need scoring to make them look smaller.
As always all comments are welcome.

001.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

0ne48thtel

Thanks Joe I am in he middle of building a second pallet to go on the dio as well.

1275GT

Just caught up with this, and it looks really good, and a great idea ! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :smiling3:

Cheers, Neil

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Just caught up with this, and it looks really good, and a great idea ! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :smiling3: Cheers, Neil
Thanks Neil

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Looking great Terry ,its like I'm back at Davis Montham all over again!
Thanks Trey that compliment coming from someone who has actually been there is amazing.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is turning out very nicely Terry, the weathering is really effective

Lee :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
This is looking great Terry.I like the base with tufts of grass.Thinking of doing something similar for my Maryland.Not sure where to start though.

0ne48thtel

Lee and Dave thanks for the kind remarks.

Today I have carried on doing a bit more weathering to one of the tanks as can be seen in the photos the difference is quite vast. I have used crushed pastel for the yellow dusting as the Flory's sand is to red and the Humbrol powder would have made it look jaundiced. I have also weatherd the main undercarriage doors and the tressles that he airframe sits on.

0ne48thtel

\ said:
This is looking great Terry.I like the base with tufts of grass.Thinking of doing something similar for my Maryland.Not sure where to start though.
Dave I started with a bit of MDF from an old headboard cut to size. I then gave it a rub over with a course sandpaper followed by a good brush off. Once this was completed I spread a cheap filler over the whole board (done in two stages due to running out). While doing this I set the tressles in where I wanted them.Once dry I brushed PVA over the plaster and then sprinkled fine sand all over. At this point I wasn't to happy with the way it looked so I purchased some railway board sand from the LMS then repeated the above process. At thay is stage even with the aircraft and hummer sat on the board it looked a bit stark so I went on evilbay and purchaesd two boxes of the grass one was a sample box with different colours in and the other was desert grass. I found it quite hard not to leave the grass looking staged and I hope I have managed that. Before starting I already had an idea of what I wanted the dio to look like I hope this helps.

D

dubster72

That's looking good Terry, there's a lot of detail going into this one!

Just a point, bird sand (£1 from Wilkos) is great for dios, nice small grains.