Fill ins

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Unfortunately during a quiet period at work I inadvertently ended up on an auction site and made a couple of purchases. One was a post war British tank and the other was this big lad. After completing the large scale marine I thought he needed a friend. This is a Necron Flayed One. If they defeat you they take skin and wear it. I’ve posed him with one of his 28mm buddies
IMG_3264.jpeg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Me too John, unfortunately they are made of a strange rubbery material that’s an absolute swine to get the mould lines off.
Is that a reaper bones mini Mick? If so, have a look around about priming them. Some primers react, leaving them sticky and unable to dry. If not, I’d still recommend going with a water based primer because it sounds like the same type of material. Ugly looking brute isn’t he. Like Eduard Scissorhands‘ more scary cousin.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Is that a reaper bones mini Mick? If so, have a look around about priming them. Some primers react, leaving them sticky and unable to dry. If not, I’d still recommend going with a water based primer because it sounds like the same type of material. Ugly looking brute isn’t he. Like Eduard Scissorhands‘ more scary cousin.
It’s a McFarlane figure same as the space marine I did. I gave that a really good wash and used a GW rattle can to prime him.
ugly is being kind to him, a face a puppy wouldn’t lick

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It’s a McFarlane figure same as the space marine I did. I gave that a really good wash and used a GW rattle can to prime him.
ugly is being kind to him, a face a puppy wouldn’t lick
Good call. GW and Army Painter are the two primers that get most recommended for this type of plastic Mick :thumb2:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Mick, all of those figures look spectacular, but I especially love the Lord Celesant Vandus Hammerhand one,,, fantastic looking

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick, all of those figures look spectacular, but I especially love the Lord Celesant Vandus Hammerhand one,,, fantastic looking
Thanks very much Joe, there’s so much detail on the big pieces so a real test to paint.

Mick your minis always look amazing.Love the vibrancy of the colours and destail.
Top drawer.
Rich
Many thanks Rich glad you like them