France 44 tankers break up the boredom

D

dubster72

I agree with Si & also the basecoat is applied at the factory so it wouldn't be hastily applied.

The camo is often done in the field so that would work.

Cheers

Patrick

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si , worn hastily painted works both ways for the story , and I'm already ahead of you with the camo , this is just the start I wanted to see if it would look right and I like it but would it pass the test is what I wanted to know :smiling3:

Thanks for your opinion mate :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Try using a cotton bud and then streaking the paint on the tank, once nearly dry take a hard brush and drag-this should give the impression of paint slapped on quickly.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I agree with Si & also the basecoat is applied at the factory so it wouldn't be hastily applied.The camo is often done in the field so that would work.

Cheers

Patrick
Your spot on Patrick as I have just mentioned it works both ways in the story so I'm pleased with that :smiling3:

Thanks for your comments :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i must I agree with Si/Patrick , you have done a good job off it,should work,

and thank you Alan, will try the aqua sliver next, I have vallejo oily siliver,

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Try using a cotton bud and then streaking the paint on the tank, once nearly dry take a hard brush and drag-this should give the impression of paint slapped on quickly.Si:smiling3:
That's a good idea mate I was going to dab it like I did with the Marder but with less paint on the bristles to give the affect of one spray does the job

What do you reckon for camo design

1 curvy like the Marder

2 like tiger strips

I've seen both on them and I'm undecided

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
i must I agree with Si/Patrick , you have done a good job off it,should work,and thank you Alan, will try the aqua sliver next, I have vallejo oily siliver,
No problem Moni sorry I couldn't help with the fuel blue question it's I've never used it so I'm sorry I couldn't help you there :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Tiger stripes-unless the Marder was in at the same time, try something different, a bit of both. But the stripes should work better, will work for the more square lines of the Panzer IV.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Tiger stripes-unless the Marder was in at the same time, try something different, a bit of both. But the stripes should work better, will work for the more square lines of the Panzer IV.Si:smiling3:
Yes mate I agree , I have seen the later version with tiger stripes and I've seen stugs with them on

I've just finished my chipping and it looks well gnarled now I'll post photos tomorrow when I have better light :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Nice job so far on the tank, Alan.

waiting for the next update.

can't help u with your camo, I think its a question of taste, surroundings and its placement in the diorama and then of course the overall picture.

Cheers Richi

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
"......................."

(Speechless! )

Lee

N

noble

Lovely work Alan, love the panzer IV paint work spot on. As for the dio very nicely done love those figures and the murder. Cracking work on the bushes and trees well done.

scott

M

mobear

just magnificent mate,as long as you`re happy with it then its a winner,very nice DIO indeed

mobear

D

dubster72

That's very nice Alan, for an enormous dio, everything ties in together without leaving gaps.

One tiny point - possibly 'fluff' up the grass around the Marders tracks as it would have settled into the turf.

Cheers

Patrick

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it :smiling3:

Ole I'm 80% pleased with it I'm happy with the figures and the base and the Marder looks ok but the panzer well I don't know , I got the paint how I wanted but something's wrong with it , but I can't put my finger on it.

Patrick it is done :smiling3: View attachment 80916

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Fantastic, dio ,Alan, its all tied together well, :D the little tip from Patrick, , has worked so there not sitting on top ,

from the figures,foliage , Marder, and the panzer, are great, I do real like how you have done the camo on the panzer, looks good to me like the rest, ;) :smiling3: