Gecko 1/35 Supacat ATMP

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey, don't rush the rest of them Andy, he's ok .

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Pete and John.

I'll try my best not to rush, but the 2 new kits that arrived yesterday are already calling me to start them.

I don't know how those of you with a stash can resist the temptation to start everything!

D

Deleted member 7181

I took a tip from my lad (and I seem to remember Tim Marlow mentioning something similar in the past) and did the rest more as a batch. First camo on them all, then all the boots, then straps, etc.etc. It seemed to go much better that way, so they are all pretty much done. Just awaiting decals, then maybe a few touch ups.

yXprm8t.jpg

So while they are drying I made a start on the base. Nothing fancy, just a few layers of cardboard (supplied free with every order from John :smiling5: ) PVA'd together within the frame, and topped off with a grout / sand mix to firm things up. I have some different coloured gravel left over from a previous dio, which should top this off nicely once dry.

6XXBMg9.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve & Jim.

Yes, they are only included for where they'll be seen on the kneeling figures, but a nice extra touch.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Pete and John.

I'll try my best not to rush, but the 2 new kits that arrived yesterday are already calling me to start them.

I don't know how those of you with a stash can resist the temptation to start everything!
Fear Andy. Sometimes I pick one up, look inside and put the lid back quickly when I see the instructions.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Pete and John.

The fact I in use the kitchen table and knowing that my wife, as patient as she is with my new found enthusiasm for the hobby, HAS to pass it EVERY time she goes between lounge and kitchen..... Oh and she uses the to table when working from home....I think you get the picture......

D

Deleted member 7181

That's the main reason for me staying out in the shed Andrew, at least she can't nag me about the mess I make out there :smiling5:

I'm fast approaching the trickiest part of any build for me, knowing most of the elements need a little something else before I can class them as "finished", but not being able to work out what that is!

Hence me having so many almost completed builds. I tend to move on to something else while I try and figure it out, but never end up going back.

I might have to build another shed just to store my WIP :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I might have to build another shed just to store my WIP :smiling5:

Morn Scratchy,

Yes Sir, welcome to the club!!! We should name it "WIP" and I'm sure we have hundreds of qualified members here who would join....

Those figures are looking mighty fine Andy and this will be awesome when you're finished!!! Now, what kind of cake are you making in the pics above??? Don't think the wife will want that in the oven...............

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Allen. I'm not sure it'll ever be finished finished, but looking forward to getting everything laid out on the base.

Oh, and that's no cake. It's my "special" brownie mix, for when the anxiety levels get too high.... :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7181

Not much of an update as I've been dragged around B&Q to gather DIY materials in preparation for lockdown.2, then spent the afternoon in front of the telly waiting for Boris to tell us what we already knew!

But the base is ready. It got a sprinkling of various fine gravels, I picked out the larger bits, then compacted the rest down as best I could. I'd have preferred a more sandy look, but I only have the red builders stuff, so this will have to do.

The frame also got painted in a suitably dark sandy colour, mixed from various acrylics.

FNu2I4C.jpg

I'd have liked to add some height with a derelict building or similar tucked into one corner, but since I could never hope to match the creations of the likes of Ron, JR and others, I'll give it a miss. Something to work on for the future :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Liking that very much Andy,
As has been said,the radio guy is excellent,i especially like the cabling you`ve done,top work!
Cheers,
Andy