German Ingenuity 39(H) 10.5cm LeFH18(Sf) auf Geschutzwagen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
oh boy so many replies and lovely comments plus one or two larks, :tears-of-joy: Thanks guys.

Scottie, a swan she will not be but near enough. :smiling3:
Bob, indeed I'm also surprising myself having been on planes for so long.
Peter, Yes I have come across some really creative and jaring camos. It's not surprising they're not often copied.
Mike, good thing about armour modelling is you can cover or improvise with weathering and layers of paint. :smiling2:
Steve, some of these guys are Da Vinci's...have you seen the eagle paint scheme on a Hind helicopter that was replicated on a kit that won best show at Monson a while back. It was hand painted and I've seen it close up...blardy good.

20160605_091557.jpg

Jakko, yup, brave you were. The underlying paint job on the kit though already showed it professionally done. looks good even with the jaring slosh work of white.
Steve, if you look closely you'll see that I've signatured on the right hand corner of the 250. :tears-of-joy:
Martyn, glad you could catch up.
Neil, touche
Mike, a touch of nasty humour...are you referring to pre or post dinner :tears-of-joy:
Pete, so it's post dinner art :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Phew! that took some time to reply...

Ok...using some post dinner medium I proceeded with chipping and rust to the body work applied just like Steve showed capturing me at work...

U66.jpg

The grime has not set in yet...there are more layers of muck and post dinner medium to add...

U67.jpg

U68.jpg

But this is it so far...had to leave the room, just couldn't take the smell :tears-of-joy: ..... of the turps.

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko, yup, brave you were. The underlying paint job on the kit though already showed it professionally done. looks good even with the jaring slosh work of white.
Thank you, but it’s really a quite basic OD-all-over with no shading, weathering, or other effects. It’s just that you can’t really tell from this photo :smiling3:

And I now remember that for another model I entered in a club competition, one of the remarks the jury wrote on the form was that the weathering looked unrealistic, so I lost out on some points there. I had to smile at this, since I had gone to a good deal of effort to replicate the weathering visible in a photo of the exact tank I had built a model of

Anyway, your Geschützwagen looks like it won’t have any trouble of that kind :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jakko,

Toned down the weathering with washes and added the MG34. Have been experimenting with the stowage before painting them.

U69.jpg

U70.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys,

I'm calling this done and getting it ready for the stand. I managed to get the look that I wanted on the shields...

U71.jpg

The final spurt of matt varnish from an old bottle of Testors.

U72.jpg

In one sitting I got all the stowage painted and weathered and placed. I added rifles and a schmeisser and even a flare pistol.

U73.jpg

Grenades in a bucket and extra fuel cans. The kit is so bare that the extra wheel is to be stored without a clasp which I made from strip, cut hexagonal rod for a bolt. More chipping was added to the interior to look lived in.

U74.jpg

The effect I was looking for...paint wear and chipping.

U75.jpg

It's finally done. Thanks for hanging in there with me along the way.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Beautifully done Richard. Just the right amount of weathering.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful work Richard. Glad it turned out the way you wanted it. The extra detailing at the end makes it stand out. Well done mate

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks my fellow modelling buddies or following modelling buddies :smiling6: I would go replying one by one but time is short to touch up other entries for the Penang show this weekend. Doesn't help if I have to clean house on Thursday and attend a dinner the night before leaving on Friday morning. Altogether I have 20 displays including entries of which are six.

I still tinkered a bit burnishing the wheel rims and inside track, it's now on the stand. Pictures when I get back.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Sorry Richard I totally missed this wonderful build as usual you give us fantastic builds... very well painted and detailed... love it..

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Richard,
Well done on this excellent build.
Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Quite a journey with the finish but it really does look good now.
Jim