Gern's 1/32 Trumpeter F-105G - A Sad End.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's no wind up Chris. All true. I suspect there's some damp got into the electronics somewhere but I've asked my garage to have a look.
WELL do you keep your lovely merc in a garage like i keep my car in an can you pm me a pic of your merc as i would love to see it
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I wouldn't know Paul. I've only had the motor for four years so I've not needed to look under the bonnet.
HAD CAR 4 YRS an never looked under the bonnet for all you know Dave someone could have nicked your engine an replaced it with a rubber band lol ;) :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
HAD CAR 4 YRS an never looked under the bonnet for all you know Dave someone could have nicked your engine an replaced it with a rubber band lol ;) :smiling:

Naahh! Got 130mph out of her earlier this year and no laccy band will do that! Besides, laccy bands don't need electrics so what's with all the lights on my dashboard?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Naahh! Got 130mph out of her earlier this year and no laccy band will do that! Besides, laccy bands don't need electrics so what's with all the lights on my dashboard?

130 WHAT about the 70 speed limit ? as i dont go over that as i put on my cruise controll at 70 an stay there an ive had a clean licence for nr 50 yrs

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Got to agree. This is the fourth one I've had.
Ive had a different car every time ive changed as i like to sample different motors an i buy the car to suit gettin in my ship so got to have plenty of room

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
130 WHAT about the 70 speed limit ? as i dont go over that as i put on my cruise controll at 70 an stay there an ive had a clean licence for nr 50 yrs

Yeah well. I was cruising along in the hot weather listenin' to my music. I had the windows open and the draught was rather noisy and drowning out my music. Can't have that so I started playing with the window controls to try and reduce the noise. Of course, I was staring at the road while doing that as I didn't want to run off the road or hit something while focussing on the windows. Took my eyes off the speedo and found I was having real problems trying to cut down the noise. Frightened myself to death when I checked the speedo and found out why it was so noisy! Slowed down straight away and guess what? Cured the noise problem!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
What's a laccy band? I think all Mercs are engineered to go fast, but they put tires that do not match their capabilities on models marketed to family folks. Not cool. Rented a new Merc full sized sedan in Belgium that could easily go 140 that had 120mph tires on it. PaulE

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What's a laccy band? I think all Mercs are engineered to go fast, but they put tires that do not match their capabilities on models marketed to family folks. Not cool. Rented a new Merc full sized sedan in Belgium that could easily go 140 that had 120mph tires on it. PaulE

laccy band = elastic band.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What is it with cats and boxes?! I was going to touch up the wheelbays on my Thud earlier - that's my spraybooth that Bonnie has appropriated for a bed!

IMGP3987.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Spray booths, model boxes, laptop on your lap whilst you're catching up on work, about to go out or go to bed. They just know... My cats know the model area is an instant size 9 up the backside. Message understood, no problem if they stay on the rug I've laid down for them. Love their company, boundaries are set though.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Whats happening on this Dave ? not that im in the least bit intrested :smiling6::smiling6::smiling6::upside:lol
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Whats happening on this Dave ? not that im in the least bit intrested :smiling6::smiling6::smiling6::upside:lol
chris

Sorry for the delay Chris, had some transport problems.

I mentioned all the dashboard warnings on my motor were lighting up. Got it to my garage OK, but when he tried to get it into the workshop, it wouldn't start. By the time he got it going, it was the end of the day - and now he's on holiday for a week, so no motor.

Not normally a problem, but this weekend my two nieces have to get to university; one in Swansea, the other in Wrexham; and my brother doesn't drive! Normally I take them in my car and would have to do two journeys as I couldn't fit all their stuff in. Bro thought it would be a good idea to hire a van big enough so I could fit both lots of stuff and do both on the same day to save him money! Back in the day as a driver, I'd have had no problem, but I was much younger then. Took some convincing, but two days it is! I lost two days sorting all that out, and I'll lose two more this weekend.

Not to worry though, I know you have absolutely no interest in this build so the delay doesn't matter! :smiling:

Meanwhile, I have done just a little bit more.

IMGP3991.JPG

Got the whole of the undersides of the wings painted which will save a lot of fiddling around with masking later, and finished the basecoat in the wheelbays. Some weathering will be added later in the build. I'm hoping to get the wings together tonight and finish dealing with the step in the fuselage.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Puss is fed up with being plain black and white and is waiting for you to give her a nice bright camo :tongue-out3:
Jim

Naahh! She'd much prefer RLM 66 mottle if her own attempts at camo are to be believed:

Scruffie Bonnie 2 050619.JPGScruffy Bonnie 1 050619.JPG

One nice thing about my Bonnie, she's really good at telling me what the weather is. The only time she ever has clean feet is if there's rain puddles outside. If she comes in clean but soaking wet, I know it is still raining. If she comes in dry, but with clean feet, I know it has been raining but now it's stopped. If she comes in dirty, I know it's a dry day!

Who needs the BBC Met. Office?!:smiling: