Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Weeelll, just had a good look inside the box, it's going to test me, wish me luck!
Sprue shots
IMG_20220129_201327428~2.jpg
IMG_20220129_201343435~2.jpg
IMG_20220129_201404582~2.jpg
IMG_20220129_201434582~2.jpg
The smaller bags have 2 sprues in each, and there's 2 sprues of PE - mostly for parts that will be in full view (skis, 'turret' and edges).
Possibly the carpet monster will be fed quite a bit with this - hopefully not though!

Last edited by a moderator:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
examining the destructions, and seeing how much of the PE will be visable - each of the skis have PE bent to 'hold' the centre sections (those little brackets you can see on the box art), also the pivots for the suspension need to be bent up, the gun sight, the points holding the engine - so it's looking like not much will be able to be left off!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I'm a little puzzled in that they've included an 'option' on the engine - rounded as in the box art, or a cone at the front. Wonder what the difference was.:thinking:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The coned version would have inflicted awful wounds to the gunner up front if it lifted its moorings...rounded ones less painful. :tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy: ...just pulling your leg Gerry. I really don't know.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I shall follow of course Gerry :smiling3:
There is an article on here , admittly not the same model but gives a history of the vehicle.
Thanks John, when I bought this one, also included two of the unarmoured kits as well, so got three in total (bit of dio planning in the back of my mind)
Ooh interesting!
I've been resisting adding to the stash for along time but I think you just made me fall off the wagon!
They're not expensive kits, picked my three (2 unarmoured (RF8), 1 armoured (NKL26)) up off eBay, all for about £30 - 35 total - oooh, just noticed that the NKL16 (transport) is available as well for around £23-25:thinking:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
I built a 1/72 aerosan a few years ago. Amazing vehicles. Yours will be much more detailed. I look forward to following your build.
Jim
I've seen the 1/72 kits, would imagine that they're tiny! :surprised: I've done BMW outfits and kettentrads in 1/72, so daresay not a bad kit.
The coned version would have inflicted awful wounds to the gunner up front if it lifted its moorings...rounded ones less painful. :tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy: ...just pulling your leg Gerry. I really don't know.

Cheers,
Richard
Think that the engine cowl would be his last worry - I'd be more concerned about the propeller!:smiling5::confounded:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Didn't realize when I ordered it just how much PE was included, still, might learn how to use/bend it.
The basic tips;
Cut the part free on a hard flat surface to prevent accidental bends or kinks.
For simple bends you can place the part under a steel rule at the fold line. Make sure it's the right way up!
Carefully slide a safety blade under the bit that stick out and gently bend the part while pressing the ruler down to hold it in place.
For curved parts I find a gentle rolling with a round object, brush handle, tooth picks etc. On a cutting mat can get the item to curl as needed, sometimes they might need a bit of heat in them to soften the metal.
A lighter flame will do the trick. It only needs to change colour, don't heat it bright red as you risk melting it!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Didn't realize when I ordered it just how much PE was included, still, might learn how to use/bend it.
Be glad you’re not building the Lead Sled kit of it, then :smiling3: The whole hull/body/fuselage was made up of etched panels.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The basic tips;
Cut the part free on a hard flat surface to prevent accidental bends or kinks.
For simple bends you can place the part under a steel rule at the fold line. Make sure it's the right way up!
Carefully slide a safety blade under the bit that stick out and gently bend the part while pressing the ruler down to hold it in place.
For curved parts I find a gentle rolling with a round object, brush handle, tooth picks etc. On a cutting mat can get the item to curl as needed, sometimes they might need a bit of heat in them to soften the metal.
A lighter flame will do the trick. It only needs to change colour, don't heat it bright red as you risk melting it!!!
Thanks Ian, I've got a couple of hard surfaces that I can use (faced chipboard or birch ply).:thumb2:
Take it to cut, it's a safety knife/stanley knife job.
Will have to raid the garage for a steel rule!
Be glad you’re not building the Lead Sled kit of it, then :smiling3: The whole hull/body/fuselage was made up of etched panels.
Will see how I go with this amount - seems to be a lot of little bits to be bent, most are into a 'L' shape, but some are to a channel - never know, I might enjoy working with it! :smiling:
That is a rather unusual vehicle Gerry, I bet it's not much good at reversing either.....
Don't think that it was a very nippy vehicle full stop, as I'm still trying to figure out how it was steered!:thinking: Has a 'steering wheel' inside, but the skis look as though they're fixed, so I can only assume that they somehow 'braked' one side set of skis to skid steer it.

Last edited: