Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Gerry,
That is a great result mate. As Allen say's it just needs a little snowy base to set it off.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Very nice finish Gerry, up to you if you want to do a base for it, but it would look good in the snow.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gerry,
that's a real belter! Going out of your comfort zone has produced a real eye-catcher!
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s excellent Gerry. As Dave says, a real eye catcher. Might be worth spending more time out of that comfort zone ;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That's a beautiful finish Gerry!!! The only thing missing is, you know, some snow......Don't think it would drive too good on the table. Nice work on the decals and your solution came out really well too. Are you maybe planning to add a fig for it? Top job Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, I've a couple of figures that I'm thinking of adding when I get the base underway (which are 'extras' from a Zvezda kit)
Gerry,
That is a great result mate. As Allen say's it just needs a little snowy base to set it off.
Thanks Paul, the base is getting some thought - never tried snow before, but then, never tried PE before either! :smiling5:
Hi Gerry
That is a great result.
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Very nice finish Gerry, up to you if you want to do a base for it, but it would look good in the snow.
Thanks Greame, base is on the cards, just not too sure when though.
Gerry,
that's a real belter! Going out of your comfort zone has produced a real eye-catcher!
Dave
Thanks Dave - a snow base is even further out of 'zone', but hey, I don't learn anything sitting in comfort do I? :thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The two figures that I'm thinking of adding (albeit with a few adjustments and no motorcycle/sidecar!)
IMG_20220409_190727644~2.jpg

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Blimey, that music system pre dates even the eight track LOL….great choice of figures though, really interesting….
Nice thing is that they're both 'complete' figures, (a pic of the players destructions)

IMG_20220409_190717591~2.jpg

I'm just thinking that it'll be a right pita for painting the accordion :tongue-out3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes, but well worth the effort. It’s not something you see every day. Uniforms might be a bit cold for snow though?

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Yes, but well worth the effort. It’s not something you see every day. Uniforms might be a bit cold for snow though?
That's one drawback, not too sure what else I've got, so might see about 'amalgamating' two or more figures - I've the one that came with this kit and another 4 (total) with the 2 other aerosan kits that I've got, plus several 'unrelated' Soviet figures.