gun crew have bad day

0ne48thtel

Well here we go on another build I am going to try another technique that I have never used on this one. I am going to have the 88 being retrieved from a river after it has rolled over while entering to cross. Or at least I am going to try anyway. I am still waiting for one of the key components to turn up but will get on with what I can. So far I have cut the board and put an edging around it to give a little height to the ground (pictures to follow later).

L

Lady Phoenix

Lookin forward to this, added to watch list

I assume there will be carnage in the form of plastic figures and a craft knife through the waist?

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Lookin forward to this, added to watch listI assume there will be carnage in the form of plastic figures and a craft knife through the waist?[/QNot sure about carnage and unless I slip there won't be any knife through the waist not mine anyways ;)

0ne48thtel

Yesterday I undercoated most of the 88 parts on the sprues to give me an idea about any problematic areas. I think there is going to be a lot of rubbing down to be done. I also got the D7 on opening the box it looks pretty straight forward that is until yo try to prime it. GOD it is an awful colour to prime you will see what I mean in the pictures.View attachment 92755

View attachment 92757

View attachment 92758

View attachment 92759

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Sounds really interesting,Terry, and i will be watching this one as well,

good luck with it,:rolleyes:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Interesting Terry, this should be good.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Terry,would not wont to be looking down the barrel of that if i was in a Sherman :confused: :rolleyes:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Terry, I somehow missed this....

What a cracking idea, something away from the norm.

It'll make a great diorama.

I have the 1/35 Tamiya 88mm and have just looked in the box....I didn't realise there were so many pieces in the kit!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just got back off my hols so missed the start of this one. It sounds like a great diorama in the making so I'm going to tag along with this one

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Sorry Terry, I somehow missed this....What a cracking idea, something away from the norm.

It'll make a great diorama.

I have the 1/35 Tamiya 88mm and have just looked in the box....I didn't realise there were so many pieces in the kit!
Ron there is just a few bits;)but a great little kit. I have a couple of bits that are not present but I am not worried as it is only the mounting screws for the gun to the bogies. I can get around that with a bit of glue. Also the cable for the two reels again no biggy as I can use wire. I may need to pick your brains for the water effect side but will see how I go first.

0ne48thtel

I have just ordered a sd.kfz.7 8t to go on the dio from china postage was a bit steep but it still came out cheaper than buying from over here.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I doubt you'll need any help, but I will offer all I can if required......I'm sure others will chip in their advise too.

Good luck with it.

0ne48thtel

The builds for this dio are coming along slowly due to one reason or another but here they are. The 88 is done and awaiting weathering before I add the armour plate. the bike is all but done with only number plates to paint it will then get weathered. The D7 is coming along slowly tonight I started the plastic tracks and still have a ways to go with them. there is a few fit issues with the D7 that will need fettling.View attachment 93982

View attachment 93983

View attachment 93984

View attachment 93985

View attachment 93986

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG