gun crew have bad day

T

tommy1drop

What ever you decide Terry this is shaping up nicely, looking forward to seeing more and how this pans out;)

N

noble

I like the second picture, although what about just having the 88 in the water near one of your land masses and have your De mag and crew attempting to pull it out that way.

scott

First Name
Dave
Looking good I have a similar plan in mind so I'll watch yours take shape.

I'm not sure a river that size would have enough power to flip a dmag I would go for it sinking in the soft bed or throwing a track I'm sure the positioning will come good with just playing around with the models. Plenty of scope for interest in this.

Dave

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Looking good I have a similar plan in mind so I'll watch yours take shape.I'm not sure a river that size would have enough power to flip a dmag I would go for it sinking in the soft bed or throwing a track I'm sure the positioning will come good with just playing around with the models. Plenty of scope for interest in this.

Dave[/quote

Dave I understand your thinking I was playing along the idea of the D7 hits the big rock on the right of it ripping the front wheel of which in turn causes the left front to steer right as the right track also gives and the thing rises. The ensuing load shift inside and the water coupled with the 88 pushing it causes it to rise on that side and go over. In turn this breaks the pin holding the 88 tow bar

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Terry,the weathering on the underside looks great ;)

I think if you dont mine me saying,if you show the river to be very full and fast flowing you will get away with it,

just an idea,:rolleyes:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
looking good Terry,the weathering on the underside looks great ;) I think if you dont mine me saying,if you show the river to be very full and fast flowing you will get away with it,

just an idea,:rolleyes:
That is my thinking Moni.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Taking shape nicely Terry.

Following on from Monica's suggestion, how about building the river level up to, and possibly even overflowing, the banks above the crossing point (by the motorbikes) add a bit of a drop, cum small rapid, and then have the water fair gurgling where the driver though he could cross safely?

Just another thought to add to the others. Just take your time, have a fiddle until you're happy with the set up and it looks right to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Dave
1 cubic metre of water = 1 ton so there is a lot of forces involved if the river runs fast so once off balance anything can happen and general mayhem will ensue oh what fun.

Dave

First Name
Richard
Watching closely Terry,

Nice job so far waiting for the next update.

Cheers Richi

0ne48thtel

Today has been spent grinding and sieving soil with a pestle and mortar i was then sieved through a piece of tight material kindly donated to my modeling cause by my wife. By doing this you end up with a very fine powder that is ideal for making mud with. I have added gloss varnish to the powder and weathered the 88 with it the bike and side car have also had a coating.View attachment 95404

View attachment 95405

View attachment 95406

View attachment 95407

View attachment 95408

View attachment 95409

View attachment 95410

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
job well done Terry looks good to me, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica