gun crew have bad day

D

Deleted member 3568

Very nice, interesting subject liking what you've done so far.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good terry ;)

L

Laurie

Well Terry not sure what you are but I thought I was sane :D

I shall watch this until the end. What end I am not sure but I will be there ? :rolleyes:

Laurie

0ne48thtel

Well here we go with another update having no really been on much over the last week or so. When I have been on and looked about I haven't had time to comment that's life. Anyway back to the update.

Since my last post I have had to have a rethink on the board size as for what I want the board needed to be a little bit longer. With this in mind I cut another and set about doing the usual bits like outer edges. I then moved swiftly on to the frame work to hold the ground up from the water level. This was then set aside to dry over night before the next stage. As I already had some pop bandages I have used these to make the ground and fiver bed as can be seen below. I am now waiting rather impatiently for the ruddy stuff to dry (it has only been 24hrs). At this point I am in two minds as to wether I have my original idea of the D7 and 88 on their sides having gone over. Or to change it and have them coupled up with the D7 having thrown a track mid crossing and now being stuck.

The D7 is nearing completion and will soon stand along side the 88 awaiting weathering as will the two motor bikes I have done. Putting the windows in on the D7 is going to depend which way I go on the above if I have it on it's side I will have one window out and obviously both in if it is rightside up.

View attachment 94652

View attachment 94653

View attachment 94654

View attachment 94655

View attachment 94656

View attachment 94657

View attachment 94658

View attachment 94659

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i like the look of the base cannot wait to see which way you

do do it,and the half tracks turned out nice, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
good start Terry ,will look forward to seeing this all come together, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
to me if you have them on the side you real need to show as being damaged in the fall,which means,messing both up,and on the base show where and how it tipped,over,with the use of moved river bed and bank showing that it has slid to the stop,its in with slid marks and mounted dirt,

the last pic showing that the gun has jumped of the towbar would be the easier of the 2,showing that the steep decline made it jump off,the half track,and be inbebed in the fall of the river bank,:rolleyes:

and the others have stopped to help reattach it to the half-track,

hope that you do understand what im getting att,as it,s just an idea for you,to dwell over, ;)

0ne48thtel

\ said:
to me if you have them on the side you real need to show as being damaged in the fall,which means,messing both up,and on the base show where and how it tipped,over,with the use of moved river bed and bank showing that it has slid to the stop,its in with slid marks and mounted dirt,the last pic showing that the gun has jumped of the towbar would be the easier of the 2,showing that the steep decline made it jump off,the half track,and be inbebed in the fall of the river bank,:rolleyes:

and the others have stopped to help reattach it to the half-track,

hope that you do understand what im getting att,as it,s just an idea for you,to dwell over, ;)
Thanks Moni I know what yo mean about showing damage to vehicles and the river bank etc. I had already thought about both and although painted the board is easy to knock about and remould using filler. The vehicle damage would most likely be submerged as the height of the edging allows for quite a good depth of water. The other idea I had was to have the D7 with a thrown track in the water meaning it could not move very far.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terry, I agree with Monica. the last picture would be easiest.

To be honest, something doesn't look quite right having both models tipped up.

Just a suggestion,how about this for a third version....just have the 88 getting it's feet wet, but have the D7 well in the water? Perhaps even on it's side, having totally miscalculated the depth or current in the river, leading to the damaged track.......

How are you going to get the depth of water you require?

It's all taking shape very nicely, just take you time. I'm glad to read you are more than ready to alter things as you go. Sometimes modellers trying dioramas get too stuck to a plan. You have to be prepared to alter things, sometimes radically!

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Terry, I agree with Monica. the last picture would be easiest.To be honest, something doesn't look quite right having both models tipped up.

Just a suggestion,how about this for a third version....just have the 88 getting it's feet wet, but have the D7 well in the water? Perhaps even on it's side, having totally miscalculated the depth or current in the river, leading to the damaged track.......

How are you going to get the depth of water you require?

It's all taking shape very nicely, just take you time. I'm glad to read you are more than ready to alter things as you go. Sometimes modellers trying dioramas get too stuck to a plan. You have to be prepared to alter things, sometimes radically!
I totally agree Ron that is why I am open to suggestions I like your thinking of having the D7 well and truly in the drink and the 88 just getting it's feet wet it fits with the idea of the D7 having thrown a track after contacting something under the surface. Maybe it has gone in clouted an unseen rock/boulder throwing the track and in the process of going over the rock the current has lifted it shifting the load inside and flipping it.

To get the depth I am quite happy to pour either modellers clear water in or use a lot of layers of PVA so it doesn't cloud. If it did cloud I would probably use a bit of flat earth over the clouding to make t look like the silt had been really disturbed.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

to me Ron ,that is the key to a dio,always be prepared to change and alter, i do it all the time,as if it dose not look right to you well,mosty liky its not,

the other key that Ron has said take your time,no dead lines, to meet make a goal for each sitting,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the sounds of that Terry,very good to have a backup plan on hand :D

D

Deleted member 3568

All I know is it sounds and looks like it's going to be a blinder dio when done.

First Name
barry
Hi Terry,to add my two pennys worth i think the base is to flat i think the base could be a lot higher one side leading into the river the halftrack upright wading through but the gun on a angle going into the water with one front wheel broken ?.

That is how i can see it.