H.M.S. Warspite gets a few scars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all whilst I am waiting for the planes for this dio to arrive I have made a start on the base. not much to look at, at the moment just messing about with where to put the planes. Dont know the actual shape of Warspite as not got the model yet (birthdays coming) but I know the overall size so got that down also no Idea what size 1\350 plane is so just guessing on that as well.View attachment 89456

View attachment 89457

Never done water before and as you can see there will be a lot on here, also I want to do plumes of water going up where bombs are being dropped near Warspite, so any suggestions welcome.

IMAG2193[1].jpg

IMAG2194[1].jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Good planning Ken :smiling3:

I'll post that stuff out tomorrow Ken I had a bit of a crisis with a cooker today and only reminded when I saw this thread

D

Deleted member 3568

That's ok Alan thanks for doing it anyway. Sorry bout the cooker

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ken I knew you'd understand :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the sounds of this one Ken, will be keeping an eye on it, :rolleyes:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Permission to come aboard capt'n?

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been googling images of ships under attack and came across several model dio's of this type of thing most of them have the ships set diagonally on the dio should I put this ship on a diagonal

M

mrfantasticaj

Hi alan 45 just wanted to ask if you done 1/300 figures at all or if anyone knows of where to get some. Doing hms king george and would love figures to accompany the ship. Thanks guys.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Quick correction 1/400
I don't think you can get 1/400 scale figures mate I think 1/350 are the smallest you can get and these are tiny

I suppose you could cut and file them down to fit ,

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Quick correction 1/400
Have a look here they do 1/400 http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/misc/l-arsenal/350-figures/figures.html this company makes them, last time I ordered 1/350 had to wait about 5 weeks. Is this a Heller model? Cheers Derek

p.s. Used the 1/350 on my HMS ROBERTS

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
D

Deleted member 3568

thanks Alan will do that when I've got the ship, is that your one in the pic. she looks great.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice Ken, all slowly coming together.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
thanks Alan will do that when I've got the ship, is that your one in the pic. she looks great.
Yes Ken that's the premium edition academy kit , comes with a ton of brass there's a build thread in the ship and boat section if you want to look :smiling3: