H.M.S. Warspite gets a few scars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is what I've been upto. Ooh Betty I've had a bit of trouble, with the FW 190 first I lost the joystick (or whatever you call the bit he steers the plane with) to the CM so had to make a new one also I cut the wrong bits off the foot peddle thingys so had to make some new ones of those(I know it doesn't matter as they wont be seen but Hey you gotta do it dontcha)

While the missus is out I had a little play with what is going to be the most important part of this dio, I need help and advice on this, which is the best place for The Warspite.

I don't Know how to set up a poll so lets just say pic 1,2,3,4 or 5 or if someone thinks theres a better place for it, bare in mind I want planes behind her as well as in the foreground, although most of the action will be in the foreground.View attachment 90366

View attachment 90367

View attachment 90368

View attachment 90369

View attachment 90370

IMAG2424.jpg

IMAG2425.jpg

IMAG2426.jpg

IMAG2427.jpg

IMAG2429.jpg

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh that takes me back :smiling3: this is a a great kit and goes together very well

Are you going to use all that brass ?

D

Deleted member 3568

Tbh I don't know definitely be using the rails and the metal barrels but I think the other stuff is so small and fiddley, what I will do if I decide to try it is not cut the plastic off till I've managed to make the PE part that way if I ruin the PE I've still got the plastic part to use. Won't make the mistake I made with the Titanic. I'm sure I could get some tips from someone who already made it;) I've ordered some gel superglue so maybe that will help.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Ken thats alot of paint tin,s :rolleyes:

nice looking little stuka,like the camo

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start, on the ship must say i do like the deck, ;)

wish you a very happy and enjoyable Birthday, on sunday, and who know what other goodies you may get lol, :D

have a great day cheers moni

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all made a really stupid total nitwit mistake in my eagerness to start this kit. There are parts on the deck you are supposed to cut off before you attatch the wooden decking, which I didn't. That made the job of removing it now a real b@'!:er, still done it now I've bitten the bullet and done a tiny amount of PE (the gangway which goes across the bow there are 2 gussets underneath which measure 2.5mm x 1.5 mm after an hour of getting them in the right place and upright I have to wonder is it worth the effort, once it's on the dio no one will see it, even off the ship when turned upside down you can barely see it with the naked eye. Still we will see how long I keep the PE up as although they are small the gangway was a simple bend the sides up (oh by the way the Mk1 instructions are vague to say the least) they show a picture of the part in place and one pic of some of the folds you are left to guess the rest of the folds.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice Ken, a lot of work and fiddly but should turn out a cracker, nice base by the way.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si don't know how long I will keep up the PE though especially when I realise most of it won't even be noticed.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking forward to seeing hoow the PE turns out on that deck, should look great, ;)

just do some have a brake or set a goal of how much you wont done in aday, thats how i do things,

and finds it work out ok,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

I know what you're saying moni after an hour of doing those 2 bits I left it, my eyesight is terrible anyway, I gave up tattooing as it ruins your eyes because it's so intense, so I am not going to substitute one eye problem for another. If I think the part is to fiddly or small for my eyes I will use the plastic part ( incidentaly on checking the PE I see it is not as complete a set as Alans Academy premium edition there are several decking parts that are not in this pack), bit disappointed there but hey you pay your money you take your chances.

D

Deleted member 3568

• Well I've made another irreversible decision, I've drilled a hole for the first led for a direct hit on the Warspite.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all hit another problem with the kit (not my fault this time) there is another part I should have removed (not mentioned in the instructions)

View attachment 91162

see all the stuff to be removed is outlined, then I discovered there are some ramps and walkways which go over the gangway, not a problem I thought just stick them over the ramps which are there

View attachment 91163

as you can see they are short by about 3 mil (I know the sticky up bits in the gangway are crooked )they looked straight to my naked eye, I suppose I will have to invest in a magnifying glass. I am hoping if I scribe some lines in the plastic when its painted grey it wont notice.

View attachment 91164

View attachment 91165

View attachment 91166

IMAG2518.jpg

CRW_2827.JPG

CRW_2834.JPG

CRW_2835.JPG

CRW_2836.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update, went to my model club last night and took this with all the bits, I think I know where everything is going now.

View attachment 91235

View attachment 91236

View attachment 91237

View attachment 91238

View attachment 91239

View attachment 91240

View attachment 91241

View attachment 91242

View attachment 91243

View attachment 91244

View attachment 91245

View attachment 91246

View attachment 91247

Obviously the deck explosion will have bits of decking atattched to it and the cotton wool smoke but I don't think I will use as much as on the plane, I may even do an unfortunate sailor with a limb missing or something blasted off the deck in the smoke of the explosion.

IMAG2525.jpg

IMAG2526.jpg

IMAG2527.jpg

IMAG2528.jpg

IMAG2531.jpg

IMAG2532.jpg

IMAG2533.jpg

IMAG2534.jpg

IMAG2535.jpg

IMAG2536.jpg

IMAG2537.jpg

IMAG2538.jpg

IMAG2541.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it Ken, really coming together now!

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cool, i real do like it,looks great, ;)

makes up for that little mishap, :rolleyes: