• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes Ken that's the premium edition academy kit , comes with a ton of brass there's a build thread in the ship and boat section if you want to look :smiling3:
Is this the one that you went insane regarding the PE work? :D

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Is this the one that you went insane regarding the PE work? :D Si:smiling3:
Yes that's the one I still have nightmares about :D

D

Deleted member 3568

well its a good job I am only getting the standard one, you know what I think of PE.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
To be honest Ken if you get some railings it will improve the build :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all been doing some research and much as I hate PE I can see how the railings would look better with pe I can't find warspite premium ed anywhere they all seem to be out of stock but the premium ed is £79.99 if I buy the pe for the standard kit which is £39.99 the pe is £79.25 that's £79.25 and that's no wooden decking or brass gun barrels. I would only use the railings as I hate thevstuff why is the pe bought separately almost as dear as the whole kit. Needless to say I am sticking with the standard model.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi all been doing some research and much as I hate PE I can see how the railings would look better with pe I can't find warspite premium ed anywhere they all seem to be out of stock but the premium ed is £79.99 if I buy the pe for the standard kit which is £39.99 the pe is £79.25 that's £79.25 and that's no wooden decking or brass gun barrels. I would only use the railings as I hate thevstuff why is the pe bought separately almost as dear as the whole kit. Needless to say I am sticking with the standard model.
Ken check out eduard pe they do different stiles of rail for 1/350 battleships I got some from eBay cost about £7 , the pe for warspite at the ridiculous price of £80 just replaces the plastic parts in the kit :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Well white ensign want £79.75 for them but I have found 1/350 scale 3 bar rails from eduard for £8.40 from model dockyard can anyone confirm warspite has 3 bar and not 4 bar rails.

D

Deleted member 3568

well here is where I am on this build now, don't really know what colours to do the 1/350 bombers as far as i can find they were either dk grey on the top and light underneath or all black, I've done the little Stukas the colours on the 1/72 kit I've got.

View attachment 89896

View attachment 89897

View attachment 89898

had a little play with the base, cant really do much without the ship but thought I could give a general sort of sea look to it,ready for the ship and the clear bathroom sealant techneque Alan mentioned.View attachment 89899

View attachment 89900

View attachment 89901

IMAG2336.jpg

IMAG2337.jpg

IMAG2338.jpg

IMAG2339.jpg

IMAG2341.jpg

IMAG2345.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looking good Ken. The bombers would be wearing a scheme similar to the Stukas I would think.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm getting excited I've ordered the Warspite (swmbo says I can't have it till my birthday though(we'll see)) i've ordered the dx detail pack for it as well that way I get the wooden decking and the PE rails + the metal gun barrels for about the same price as the premium edition.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Be car with the railings on the this one Ken , there very flimsy

They are pre bent so you can go around a section like the boat deck with one piece only thing is they tend to flop around ant this can be easily broken, I found it easier to brake them off into sections and fit them piece by piece

Oh and it's best to get a gel superglue:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the advise Alan I will remember that although the PE is not the one which comes with the kit so maybe its not so fragile(hope so anyway)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is coming along great Ken, real starting to look good, i,m liking it, ;)

have fun painting the wee figures lol, :rolleyes:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol must be killing you, maybe some more sweet talking in hand :rolleyes: