Hasagewa 1/48 SH--3H Sea King converted Royal Navy HC4

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant work Laurie. I think you've cracked the 'patience' thing. I know I couldn't build all that PE.

D

Deleted member 5496

Brilliant work Laurie. I think you've cracked the 'patience' thing. I know I couldn't build all that PE.
Very kind of you Colin. Just enjoyed doing it. So age equals patience (most of the time). :smiling6:
Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Some progress actually ready for primer.

Sad not the gun which was to be slung on the cargo sling is way out on scale.
A net with boxes etc will replace. Any one want a gun nearer to 1/72 than 1/48 ?

Some titivation still needed. Mist coat of primer to accentuate where work is needed.

Cockpit canopy was a dream fit. No filler any where so far.

qYyqkI.jpg LmS3om.jpg A4OKUP.jpg 85uotH.jpg RSMUQl.jpg

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Some serious good work Laurie,Very neat and tidy chap,Always look forward to your updates,Hope you are keeping well during this dreadful time,We have a week booked in Jersey at end of July and hoping we can be allowed to do this,My little paradise ive visited 7 times since 1988.
Take care.Richard.

D

Deleted member 5496

Some serious good work Laurie,Very neat and tidy chap,Always look forward to your updates,Hope you are keeping well during this dreadful time,We have a week booked in Jersey at end of July and hoping we can be allowed to do this,My little paradise ive visited 7 times since 1988.
Take care.Richard.
That is very nice of you Richard.

Both wife & I are 81 so we have not gone into isolation but keeping away from lots o people. Visiting our local shop at the least busy time
We have had 3 of our fellow flat dwellers offer to do shopping dustbins collect the mail etc. Plus two daughters who will be on call.
Cannot ask for better heart warming.

So far our rate is 6 people with this virus out of 110,000 so not too bad. Who can predict the future. Schools nurseries cinema all closing tomorrow. Building site opposite flats being built by the French. All gone back home. All sad. But necessary.

Hope you get here who knows. However if not this year next & please get in touch & visit us & have a chat about model making. I would just love that. Yes Jersey
is a lovely place came here from Surrey just after we married in 1962. The people are so nice being small all have a respect which in larger communities is often neglected.

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Laurie the seaking you are building looks great an in 1/48 th scale plenty of detail with the p/e fab building work you are doin I havnt said much Laurie but ive been lookin an appreciating this build as I have four seakings to build an fit on my tiger so ive been studyin your build an it will help me imenssly great stuff an me an the missus came on holl to jersey in 1988 an we stay in st helia an we walked everywhere on your beautifull island an in the german hos an we thoroughly enjoyed our holl there you are lucky to live there Laurie as if I could id be there in a shot
chris

First Name
Gary
I said it before but those castings, particularly that rear rotor, are simply top quality. Amazed there are people out there making stuff like that. Looking forward to the painting Laurie although it's a shame to cover up all that good work...

D

Deleted member 5496

HI Laurie the seaking you are building looks great an in 1/48 th scale plenty of detail with the p/e fab building work you are doin I havnt said much Laurie but ive been lookin an appreciating this build as I have four seakings to build an fit on my tiger so ive been studyin your build an it will help me imenssly great stuff an me an the missus came on holl to jersey in 1988 an we stay in st helia an we walked everywhere on your beautifull island an in the german hos an we thoroughly enjoyed our holl there you are lucky to live there Laurie as if I could id be there in a shot
chris
Thanks Chris. It is a very rewarding kit. My build of my first is some where in the archives here. This is the second as I just love the kit & conversion just up my street.

Jersey. Great place to live. Just 110,000 peopl . Just came for a year in 62 for architectural experience but got super glued to the place.
Not sure then but there is an island walk all around the edge of the island now I think something like 44 miles of it beautiful scenery
all the way. It is also being a close community a very happy place.

At junctions & roundabouts we have a filter in turn amazing every one respects it which is just a characteristic of the Island. Come back Chris look me up :smiling:

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

I said it before but those castings, particularly that rear rotor, are simply top quality. Amazed there are people out there making stuff like that. Looking forward to the painting Laurie although it's a shame to cover up all that good work...
David Parkins produces the best PE resin & metal castings. Superb detailing & superb to work with.
They are so good you take time & patience to make sure you do not mess up.

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris. It is a very rewarding kit. My build of my first is some where in the archives here. This is the second as I just love the kit & conversion just up my street.

Jersey. Great place to live. Just 110,000 peopl . Just came for a year in 62 for architectural experience but got super glued to the place.
Not sure then but there is an island walk all around the edge of the island now I think something like 44 miles of it beautiful scenery
all the way. It is also being a close community a very happy place.

At junctions & roundabouts we have a filter in turn amazing every one respects it which is just a characteristic of the Island. Come back Chris look me up :smiling:

Laurie
HI again Laurie yes its a lovely island an if me an jen were in good health we'd love to come back to jersey an look you up as it would be great to have a look at your build in real an talk about moddelin but I am too old now an cant travel well an jen has cancer in remission hopefully an she is nr ten younger then me but we stuck here im afraid but we remember your lovely island with wonderfull memerioryies so have to be content with that
all best to you an yours
jen an chris

D

Deleted member 5496

HI again Laurie yes its a lovely island an if me an jen were in good health we'd love to come back to jersey an look you up as it would be great to have a look at your build in real an talk about moddelin but I am too old now an cant travel well an jen has cancer in remission hopefully an she is nr ten younger then me but we stuck here im afraid but we remember your lovely island with wonderfull memerioryies so have to be content with that
all best to you an yours
jen an chris
We are old as well Chris. My wife is not happy about leaving the island as she has a few problems.
However being in Jersey is not a hardship.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good work Laurie. Just crying out for a touch of primer now.

D

Deleted member 5496

Good work Laurie. Just crying out for a touch of primer now.

Your wish is my command Colin it has now got itself fully primed. :smiling:

Showed up the usual bits which needed a dab of Vallejo filler but nothing serious.

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOOKIN very good Laurei I shall be lookin at your build to help me with my seaking x 4 on my tiger lovely work keep it up
stay safe
chris