Heller's 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I was checking some of the pictures, one advantage of that is looking at pictures of things 2 and sometimes 3 times bigger than the actual thing you see faults you wouldnt see on the actual item, like for instance a lot of the flat areas of rust are, just that flat, no blistering and no reason to be rust coloured, so I,ve fixed that and dulled the doors and bodywork down and started blending panels and adding general grime (I must say I'm quite pleased with the results so far) if things carry on like this I think the finished thing will look quite realistic (of course having said that I will no probably go and ruin it)

09nO6Bf.jpg

W0eG5QU.jpg

AxrI2Ub.jpg

hqlHlZ5.jpg

YI3aHjS.jpg

KyRsjLC.jpg

KwDMuPo.jpg

HgAVPH1.jpg

1UxjWlL.jpg

Adx3C0y.jpg

6iAadIt.jpg

does anyone know how to dull down and dirty the windows and windscreen? all tip welcome.

T

Triumph

I know Wire wool will take the shine of for sure, but I would not have the bottle to use it on this glorious build :smiling3:

First Name
Marc
Try some sandpaper or a coarse micromesh. Love the rusting techniques good use of colours. I had a play with rusting on a spare door from the 300sl. I used glue to 'bubble' the plastic it was quite effective.

20151107_154424-1.jpg

20151107_155407-1.jpg

20151107_155528-1.jpg

20151107_162215.jpg

20151107_162607.jpg

20151107_192640.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Peter and marc, marc I saw that it's a great idea and I will be using it with the salt technique on another build,

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Piggin awesome, superb rust work Ken. Stuff what anybody else says, build it for you not them, they don't like it...tough :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm sure you must be getting bored of this by now (I know you're all so polite you wont say so) so I'll take advantage of your good nature and continue the onslaught.

XJg70Ys.jpg

iZ3laQh.jpg

rfNHLZv.jpg

2lNLZnC.jpg

sQZKGiW.jpg

jFRc7sm.jpg

yEzWAze.jpg

MHZyq7d.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I'm bored... :D

Looking good Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

hi all here is tonights update, I realise the windscreen needs work but its my first effort at doing glass.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

does the bird poo look effective.

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I`m not too sure on the bird crap thing Ken ...... But the rest of it looks really very very good mate. First class work.

D

Deleted member 3568

does anyone know where I can get some decent pics of the dash in these as I want to weather it and cant find any decent pics, here is what I have at the moment

.DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well its that time of year again, as little aside from the model got the decs up today

ulCQtQw.jpg

I decided the technique I used on the dent in the tank of the Honda I would use it here aswell

45BiyJI.jpg

eSQ3vuR.jpg

o3Y89q6.jpg

awXrBgT.jpg

seems like sacralige, the chrome on the radiator grill is so exquisite.

TxpfMWe.jpg

but would be out of place on this car,

RtHrX07.jpg

RPXmiok.jpg

and the rust devils been about again

EEvyDlv.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all i just have to say this is an amazing kit and anyone who wants it should get it while they can it seems heller will never make another like this, the next closest for detail is the Italeri Mefistofeles (which also is not in production any longer )

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looking good Ken...... The dent master.

D

Deleted member 3568

should anyone think this is nearing completion here is a shot of the spures left(I've removed the optional parts) so these all still need to be attatched.

W66TXgX.jpg