\ said:
you wouldnt get me in one of those death traps :P
i was a Rockape
You were in Gib?

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
This is looking good Ralph........ I'll enjoy watching this mate.
Thanks Peter.

\ said:
Great work Ralph I know how you feel putting this together, I'm half way through building the 1/600 hms Fearless with loads of PE
Thanks Ian.Are you using the Wem PE?.

F

Fenlander

How do you attach railings Ralph? When I did my Bismark, I tacked them with Superglue then ran a a thin bead of thinned PVA along the full length. This, with capillary action, created quite a strong seal when dried but flexible enough not to pop off if it got caught.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Excellent work Ralph, hope you have a spare set of eyeballs in your spares box. Soo...tiny. Derek
Thanks for the kind words Derek,I could do with a few sets of eyeballs:smiling3:

\ said:
How do you attach railings Ralph? When I did my Bismark, I tacked them with Superglue then ran a a thin bead of thinned PVA along the full length. This, with capillary action, created quite a strong seal when dried but flexible enough not to pop off if it got caught.
Hi Graham.

For the railings I solely use PVA.I put a bead of pva where it is needed place the railing into it and with a slightly dampened brush wipe any excess away.

And it is flexible like you say. :smiling3:

\ said:
This is coming along very nicely Ralph
Thanks Ian,glad you're liking it:smiling3:.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This looking fab Ralph, any chance of a close up of the weapon systems?

Lee:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Thanks for the nice comments Lee.

I'll do my best to take some good pics of the weapon systems for you(tomorrow) :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Astonishing work, I hate PE with a vengeance (can't do it to save my life) I take my hat off to those who can, wish I had half your skill, keep at it, you are doing stirling work.

D

demon

This has to be the crispest pe work I have ever seen and in 700 scale the railings can't be more than 3mm tall

I'll have to try your method with pva cyano is ok it wicks well but is very brittle

All the best Roger

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Astonishing work, I hate PE with a vengeance (can't do it to save my life) I take my hat off to those who can, wish I had half your skill, keep at it, you are doing stirling work.
Thanks for the great comments Ken,This has certainly taxed my brain at times.

\ said:
This has to be the crispest pe work I have ever seen and in 700 scale the railings can't be more than 3mm tall
I'll have to try your method with pva cyano is ok it wicks well but is very brittle

All the best Roger
Thanks for the lovely comments Roger.I have to admit that there are a few mistakes when you look real close..but hey not to worry. :smiling3:

\ said:
Fantastic PE work Ralph, this is superb stuff.
Thanks for the kind comments Joe.This is certainly the best PE I have worked with.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Hi Lee,

I have tried and tried to get some decent close ups.

I'm sorry but what you see seems to be the best I can do. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

I Started to do some of the work on the base.

So far I have used 1mm plastic sheet and Cut out the shape of the hull then glued this to a base.I then added bow waves using milliput.I then put a coat of wall filler all over the plastic and tapped it with a brush to get a slightly rough effect.

DSCF2194.JPG

DSCF2197.JPG