HMS Campbletown......1/700

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
F

Fenlander

Looking good Ralph. I know the brass work looks impressive before it is painted but it can almost look too much. But as soon as it is painted and become truly a part of the model it just blends in and adds class.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looking good Ralph. I know the brass work looks impressive before it is painted but it can almost look too much. But as soon as it is painted and become truly a part of the model it just blends in and adds class.
Thanks Graham.

You are so right.

L

liberator61

looking realey good Ralph,the photo-etch gives it that extra dimension and vivid nightmares I bet ?.Keep them coming mate. Kevin

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Ralph, she's looking awesome mate
Lee :smiling3:
Thanks Lee,glad you like it.

\ said:
looking realey good Ralph,the photo-etch gives it that extra dimension and vivid nightmares I bet ?.Keep them coming mate. Kevin
Thanks kevin.

I think Girly is the vivid nightmare:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

Well I added some dot filtering to the hull sides only.I also added some washes to all the superstructure.

Everything was then given a light matting.

The pics don't pick up the filtering too much but it is there.

DSCF2234.JPG

DSCF2239.JPG

DSCF2240.JPG

F

Fenlander

Very nice Ralph, the wash has made it pop. At this scale the filtering should barely show anyway but it still makes a difference and that is all it needs to do. Never been too keen on heavy streaking on ships. Even at 1/350 I doubt you would see much unless it was in the breakers yard ;)

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Looking very very good Ralph. you can't tell the cat sat on it great recovery.
Thanks Ian for the kind words.

I still have a lot to repair on my railway:eek:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Very nice Ralph, the wash has made it pop. At this scale the filtering should barely show anyway but it still makes a difference and that is all it needs to do. Never been too keen on heavy streaking on ships. Even at 1/350 I doubt you would see much unless it was in the breakers yard ;)
Thanks for the nice comments Graham.

I have looked at a lot of pics of her and she was pretty much kept clean,as you would expect.

C

Caledonia

Hi Ralph, I am amazed at how much detail you have packed into this 1/700, I have seen poorer detailed 1/350's. Great work, and paint job. Derek

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Hi Ralph, I am amazed at how much detail you have packed into this 1/700, I have seen poorer detailed 1/350's. Great work, and paint job. Derek
Thanks for the kind comments Derek.

I have to say,it is down to the kit(and OrangeHobby the producer of the kit) for all the fine details and etching.

This is the first kit from the company that I have done and I would highly recommend it to anyone who like resin ship kits.

D

Deleted member 4539

What do you think of a resin kit vs a plastic one? The final product you made looks amazing. Happy Modeling

Thanks John :smiling3: .

I do like buying complete resin kits and find the majority of them a joy to build.I can also say the same about plastic kits(I always add etch from aftermarket to make them look a bit better).

I really have no preference to what Material I use,so I am sat on the fence. :smiling3: .

First Name
Stuart
Only just caught up with this build and i must say you are doing a fantastic job on such a small model.

the parts look tiny so it must  be straining on the eyes,keep up the good work Ralph  

D

Deleted member 4539

Only just caught up with this build and i must say you are doing a fantastic job on such a small model.

the parts look tiny so it must  be straining on the eyes,keep up the good work Ralph  

Cheers Stu :smiling3: .

It was a bit eye straining.