HMS Hood

C

Caledonia

Looking forward to this Graham, hope to pick up some tips. All we need now is for someone to do the Bismark. Cheers Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great ,Graham, will be watching this one also, good luck with it :rolleyes:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You got more brass than plastic there Graham! Hope you can give us some tips on how to fit it.

Gern

C

cryton 5

hi graham ,i have bismarck 1/350 scale would like rematch ? haha good luck on build being looking

in one off fav subjects maybe i'll do model in future .cry !

G

Graham D

\ said:
hi graham ,i have bismarck 1/350 scale would like rematch ? haha good luck on build being lookingin one off fav subjects maybe i'll do model in future .cry !
It didn't work out too well for the Hood last time, so I think I'll have to forgo a re-match ;)

C

Caledonia

Hi Graham, just found this source of supply for very small chain, I have ordered the 27 Links/Inch for my KGV. Have used this company before - no problems. Cheers Derek

http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_MDCDT06/-/27%20links%2Finch%20Chain%200.5m

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now this looks great Graham :smiling3: she's one of my favourite warships but I'm waiting for the 1/200 scale one to come out :smiling3: but I will be keeping an eye on this one!

G

Graham D

\ said:
Now this looks great Graham :smiling3: she's one of my favourite warships but I'm waiting for the 1/200 scale one to come out :smiling3: but I will be keeping an eye on this one!
I would have, but I do not have the room currently to build such a large model. The 1/350th hull takes up most of my desk space.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I would have, but I do not have the room currently to build such a large model. The 1/350th hull takes up most of my desk space.
Yeah that's the problem with large builds I'm loony as I have just gained a spare bedroom so I can do my ship builds again , I have a Yamato in 1/350 and that is a massive ship in that scale :smiling3:

I'm really looking forward to this I think you'll do a great job on Hood :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

Nice work Graham, can I ask how you fixed the cable? Cheers Derek

G

Graham D

I used gel super glue which dries within 10 - 20 secs, which gives you a bit of wiggle room. I also used thinned PVA, as I did with the Warspite, which stuck just as well, but took a lot longer to dry.

C

Caledonia

Thanks for that Graham, as I am doing the KGV in 1945 the degaussing cable had been repositioned internally, so no problem their, but my come across it in the future. You have done a very neat job of yours. Cheers Derek

G

Graham D

A bit of an update. The decks have got their laminate stuck on, and the lower hull has been primed. The deck laminate, made by Hunter, is very thin, about 1/2 as thick as a Prontos deck laminate, and does not come off the backing very easily, so in some places I had to use glue to stick it on. The registration is good and fits well.

The upper hull is slightly warped, as can be seen, but an elastic band should sort it out, as well as being a bit wide, so the deck peices do not fit properly . The rear deck is also warped.

The out of focus is due to takeing the pictures on auto, instead of aperture priority at F22.

View attachment 81254

View attachment 81255

View attachment 81256

View attachment 81257

View attachment 81258

deck.jpg

deck1.jpg

deck2.jpg

deck3.jpg

hull4.jpg

C

Caledonia

I have every confidence that you will overcome these issues Graham. Great work so far. Cheers Derek

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far Graham, been watching from the back with interest.